Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Monkey's brain controls a sedated 'avatar'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,719 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh boy - Avatar the movie just took a step closer to being real...

Master monkey's brain controls sedated 'avatar'

The brain of one monkey has been used to control the movements of another, "avatar", monkey, US scientists report.

Brain scans read the master monkey's mind and were used to electrically stimulate the avatar's spinal cord, resulting in controlled movement.

The team hope the method can be refined to allow paralysed people to regain control of their own body.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-26224813

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    Paranomaly

Paranomaly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• If you want to know the truth follow your instincts and listen to your conscience.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

That's cool and freaky.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,719 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostParanomaly, on 20 February 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

That's cool and freaky.

Its bizarre isnt it?  For sure the future will be a very strange place with all the technological progress we are making

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

I can't even read this. This is just wrong on every level.

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,719 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

science is what science does

#6    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

• When one is able to overcome the romantic and emotional attitude, one discovers truth even in the kitchen sink. Chögyam Trungpa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

have they anytin else better to do

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Ohhhh way cool!!!!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostScrunchkruckets, on 25 February 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

have they anytin else better to do

You feel helping crippled people walk again is a waste of time? I'd beg to differ.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#9    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,353 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 February 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

You feel helping crippled people walk again is a waste of time? I'd beg to differ.

More importantly, robot bodies w/ lasers

Peace does nothing to test strength

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users