Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Syrian Girl sentenced to death

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    MysteryMike

MysteryMike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• Just a average 21 year old guy with a creative mind.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

http://www.dailymail...OK-account.html

I have no words..........

My Youtube Account - http://www.youtube.c...r/Dinospikester

My Deviantart Account - http://mikespikester11.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction.net Account - http://www.fanfictio...2/CrossoverMike

#2    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Isn't facebook banned in Syria?

#3    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

I'm curious as what the girls age was.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

So having a facebook account is the equivilent to adultery?

The article says Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants reportedly stoned girl to death

so which is it?  Syria or Iraq?  Well it is the daily mail so detail are bound to be sketchy and unreliable I suppose.

#5    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostDumpsterJesus, on 18 February 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'm curious as what the girls age was.
Here is the original source, and now we have at least a name: Fatoum Al-Jassem. This still sounds very dubious to me. I would prefer we would not post dailymail articles on such delicate topics. It's simply not journalism.

#6    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

While I wouldn't put doing this past the organizations mentioned, has this been verified by another source?...

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostTaun, on 18 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

While I wouldn't put doing this past the organizations mentioned, has this been verified by another source?...
Yes it has, see Flombies post.

So these apparently are the guys on whos behalf the rest of the world wishes the USA to intervene on?  This is the alternative that the people of Syria prefer over Assad?  Just more reasons for other countries to stay out of Syria, and by that I mean all other countries, and at all military levels of involvement.  Don't give support to either side I say.  Wait until thier is a victor and then start political dealings with that entity.  I say that but know that whoever makes the better arrangement with corporate interests will be getting aid.  It's obviously Assads unwillingness to let them build pipelines through Syria that are the true reason for the corporate sponsored insurrection.

Edited by OverSword, 18 February 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#8    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostOverSword, on 18 February 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes it has, see Flombies post.

(...)
I would not call that verification. There is still no authoritative source. Only these poorly written factless reports. So far, I cannot form abn eductated guess wether this pices of nes is fabricated or not, but it does seem like propaganda or that it's been put on for generating website traffic.

#9    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 18 February 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Here is the original source, and now we have at least a name: Fatoum Al-Jassem. This still sounds very dubious to me. I would prefer we would not post dailymail articles on such delicate topics. It's simply not journalism.
The link in your post doesn't seem to be the original source either. I just did a search on Google for the girl's name and several pages of sites came up for this news story, including this one from 6 days ago which was published before the one you've linked to.
http://english.farsn...=13921123000428

It's hard to know if this story is true or where it first came from, but it's gone viral, and as far as I can see the general feelings seem to be that it's propaganda.

Posted Image

#10    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 18 February 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

The link in your post doesn't seem to be the original source either. I just did a search on Google for the girl's name and several pages of sites came up for this news story, including this one from 6 days ago which was published before the one you've linked to.
http://english.farsn...=13921123000428

It's hard to know if this story is true or where it first came from, but it's gone viral, and as far as I can see the general feelings seem to be that it's propaganda.
Thank you. I trusted another article that revealed my link as the original source. They should have said: "The source we copied it from." :hmm:

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Even if the charges are false and the story fabricated it could hardly be worse than the confirmed horrors coming out of this cauldron.  Today Syria is a literal hell on earth for those who cannot escape it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

View Postand then, on 18 February 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Even if the charges are false and the story fabricated it could hardly be worse than the confirmed horrors coming out of this cauldron.  Today Syria is a literal hell on earth for those who cannot escape it.
I agree, but articles like these, if it is fabricated, are trying to demonise one of the sides. Does anyone know what is actually going on in Syria? So many lies, so many groups, so many opposing reports. And it's been pushed so far, that I do not believe 99% of the reports coming out of the region.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 18 February 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

I agree, but articles like these, if it is fabricated, are trying to demonise one of the sides. Does anyone know what is actually going on in Syria? So many lies, so many groups, so many opposing reports. And it's been pushed so far, that I do not believe 99% of the reports coming out of the region.
I recently began a book on WWI and it is interesting to note how effectively propaganda and disinformation was used even then.  I think the first act of any group is to muddy the water so that nothing is accepted at face value.  Syria is a human tragedy and the longer it goes on the greater chance it is going to escalate into something that burns the region and maybe even the world.  As it is it has become a "major power" proxy war.  Very much like Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 80's.  There is no telling what evil is being seeded among those ruined lives.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#14    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

View Postand then, on 18 February 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

I recently began a book on WWI and it is interesting to note how effectively propaganda and disinformation was used even then.  I think the first act of any group is to muddy the water so that nothing is accepted at face value.  Syria is a human tragedy and the longer it goes on the greater chance it is going to escalate into something that burns the region and maybe even the world.  As it is it has become a "major power" proxy war.  Very much like Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 80's.  There is no telling what evil is being seeded among those ruined lives.
Joseph Goebbels would be a much sought-after man these days.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,220 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostOverSword, on 18 February 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

So having a facebook account is the equivilent to adultery?

The article says Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants reportedly stoned girl to death

so which is it?  Syria or Iraq?
http://en.wikipedia...._and_the_Levant

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users