Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Man has no ears but listens, talks on mobile

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    vikas bagla

vikas bagla

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• I bet our entire universe is just in a tiny glass jar placed neatly on a shelf in an alien child's room as a science project he got a C- on

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

http://ibnlive.in.co...2800-3-239.html
A 30-year-old man has no external ears or a visible ear canal but listens and talks normally. This is rarest of the rare birth defect, and as the man from Dausa can communicate, it means his middle and internal hearing organs appear to be normal, said Dr Neeraj Kasliwal, prominent ENT surgeon and head of department at Fortis Hospital in Jaipur.

"Of course, a human being without pinnae (external ears) and hole can hear if his middle and internal organs are fit. Such patient listens through bone conduction of skull but the quality of voice heard might not be clear because there is absence of air conduction," Kasliwal said.

A new implant Bone Anchord Hearing Aid (BAHA) could be tried to improve the hearing ability and plastic surgery could provide artificial pinnae, Kasliwal said. When contacted, 30-year-old Daulatram Jangid said over phone: "I have this defect by birth and have no external pinnae nor any hole."

#2    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

How they got that air conduction in the electromagnetic signal is what always amazed me about cell phones.

Much the same way one hears what is written while there is no air conduction so to speak.

Edited by 029b10, 19 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

Upon the Circuits of My Creator

shall I return to the Garden of Lights

#3    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yes sound travels through air ..  but it also travels through water,  rock,  anything that can vibrate really?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#4    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

As far back as WWII, they had throat microphones that picked up sound vibrations through the throat rather than the mouth, and "earphones" that transmitted the
vibrations/sounds through the bones near the ears....

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,240 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

Bummer not to be able to wear sunglasses...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Wish there was a picture.  Article fail for no pic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users