Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

You Better Not Ban My Pit Bull!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,411 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

View Postand then, on 20 February 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

If you put a Chihuahua's instinct and aggression into Pit's body you would have a canine WMD  :w00t:

And Chihuahua's always look and are looking very dim-witted. :yes:

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#32    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

View PostYamato, on 20 February 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

It's the breed of of the owner.  I like that.

Exactly, same can be said of hybrid wolf owners, they are very docile if you raise them correctly, if the owner doesn't there will be problems but you can't blame the animal.

#33    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,231 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

View PostSocio, on 21 February 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

Exactly, same can be said of hybrid wolf owners, they are very docile if you raise them correctly, if the owner doesn't there will be problems but you can't blame the animal.
The US banned the wolf long ago, because it used to be more detrimental to one's standard of living on the frontier, but at least it's living free again in the US today.  

Unfortunately, many countries have blamed the breed, because they can't tolerate the sometimes fatal bite from a powerful breed.   The Pit Bull is the new living analog of the assault rifle or the 30-round magazine.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#34    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

I have the most lovable Pitt ever she is a big girl at 45kgs but lives with 5 cats and a small Malshi (Shizu cross malties) she to date has not hurt a soul and I have friends with babies that come over and they play for hours with the dog.

Its the owners that are the issues, + small dogs that nip are worse that a pitt that loves.

#35    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Why can't people have cougars as pets?  Or Tigers?  Or hell, bears!  Right there next door to you, a grizzly.

But, it's not the bears fault that it attacked and killed your kid.  It must have been the owner!

/sarcasm.

There is a definate problem with dangerous breeds of dogs.  I agree, the owners are MOSTLY to blame, but none of that helps bring back a 5 year old kid that was mauled to death.

Maybe the answer isn't to ban the dogs, but to force dog owners to get the dog registered, then depending on the assessed 'risk', have required insurance to cover it.

Reponsible owners would do this, while it may stem the growing tide of 'tough guys' wanting an animal that's not a pet, but an extension of their own aggressive attitudes.  It would cut the demand for these breeds down considerably.

Edited by supervike, 24 February 2014 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users