Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Heaven and Back?: Man dead for 45 minutes

brian miller near-death experience nde ahuja medical center

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,355 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Brian Miller was declared dead after suffering a massive heart attack at a Ohio hospital.

Then to the surprise of nurses and doctors, after 45 minutes, his heart randomly started beating again.

Miller, 41, told WJW-TV that while he was out, he saw a light and relatives who had passed away.

http://kdvr.com/2014...eing-afterlife/

Posted Image

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

POPULAR

It WOULD be his mother in law who spoiled the party!  :w00t:
Seriously though, after reading Moody's book on this topic - and a couple of others - these characteristic reports have been going on for centuries.  I don't know what they are but I have no doubt it is a common experience of mankind.  I'm glad that most are comforting.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,990 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

It wasn't his time yet, so they kicked him out of heaven.

I've heard many stories about experiences like this.  Didn't use to believe them, thought their mind might be playing tricks on them but after seeing a ghost I've changed my mind.

#4    Hideout

Hideout

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

I don't find personal anecdotes the slightest bit convincing. Just as there are people who you can speak with who will claim alien abduction, bigfoot encounters, and demonic possession. The fact that many people have had these sorts of encounters does nothing to prove the validity of the claims.

To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in.
--Richard Feynman

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

41 years old and has a heart attack.  Look at the mans picture everyone.  41 is young to be dying of a heart attack, if you are young and overwieght take this story as a warning.  Obesity kills.

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,368 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

From what I understand from the video is that his heart never actually stopped, but was off, and weak.

Or am I missing something here?

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#7    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,368 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

POPULAR

View PostOverSword, on 20 February 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

41 years old and has a heart attack.  Look at the mans picture everyone.  41 is young to be dying of a heart attack, if you are young and overwieght take this story as a warning.  Obesity kills.

Good ad slogan for McDonalds.

"Bringing you closer to the light one burger at a time."

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

View PostHideout, on 20 February 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

I don't find personal anecdotes the slightest bit convincing. Just as there are people who you can speak with who will claim alien abduction, bigfoot encounters, and demonic possession. The fact that many people have had these sorts of encounters does nothing to prove the validity of the claims.
Anecdotes are all there are and of course as such may be dismissed. But the stories have been startlingly similar and date back to the time of Plato at least.  Raymond Moody's book Life after Life cites many of these.  For such similarities to exist over such a long period of time should begin to raise one's curiosity, no?

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Seeing light seems to be common with people who have had "near death" experience, but your brain uses electrical impulses in order to work,could they be seeing the last electrical flash before darkness descends permanently.A few years ago experiments were carried out on patients near death,at which point their bodies lost 21 grammes weight when death occurred,this is still an unexplained mystery.

Edited by spud the mackem, 21 February 2014 - 12:28 AM.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#10    Hideout

Hideout

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

View Postand then, on 21 February 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Anecdotes are all there are and of course as such may be dismissed. But the stories have been startlingly similar and date back to the time of Plato at least.  Raymond Moody's book Life after Life cites many of these.  For such similarities to exist over such a long period of time should begin to raise one's curiosity, no?
There have also been startlingly similar stories of possession for many many years. I don't take this as enough to believe in such things. By all means, have your curiosity peaked, investigate, though I'm not sure in what way you would be able to do so. However, don't allow yourself to be credulous enough to believe these things simply because a number of people have said the same thing.

To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in.
--Richard Feynman

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

Aristotle

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 20 February 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

From what I understand from the video is that his heart never actually stopped, but was off, and weak.

View Postdavros of skaro, on 20 February 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

It was confusing.  I had only read the text and once viewing the video it seems he was never really completely dead.  He had no pulse or respiration but that was being provided by CPR.  It's still a story that is very similar to those that have been told for over a thousand years.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

Aristotle

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostHideout, on 21 February 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

There have also been startlingly similar stories of possession for many many years. I don't take this as enough to believe in such things. By all means, have your curiosity peaked, investigate, though I'm not sure in what way you would be able to do so. However, don't allow yourself to be credulous enough to believe these things simply because a number of people have said the same thing.
And the harm in taking hope from such an event is...what, exactly?  That an educated person would be chagrined? Life is short and pain is long - anything that lifts the burden and brings a little gladness or sense of peace is welcome as far as I'm concerned - but to each his own.

#13    Hideout

Hideout

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

-Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

View Postand then, on 21 February 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

And the harm in taking hope from such an event is...what, exactly?  That an educated person would be chagrined? Life is short and pain is long - anything that lifts the burden and brings a little gladness or sense of peace is welcome as far as I'm concerned - but to each his own.
No harm directly from it, though I personally care to believe as many true things as possible, and as few untrue things. Ideally, I would like the majority of the world to want the same thing. Now that being said, I would hold no ill will towards someone who believed in these things, as long as they didn't try to force them onto others, or interfere with progress because of these beliefs.

--Richard Feynman

#14    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

many religion haters say that man created religion. I believe that these experiences created the belief in the afterlife and vis a vis, religion. which can only be expected. it is the only thing that really makes sense. religion is too abstract an idea for it crop up all by itself as a means on control, there are plenty of other ways to "control"a population that is far easier.....like violence and power.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#15    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,336 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

His mother in law kicks him out ot heaven, go figure.  I know mine would kick me out and I would be glad to leave.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users