Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Possession

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Puterpaws

Puterpaws

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

So I just watched "The Conjuring" the other night, and yes, I understand that it is a film, but it got me wondering about possession. Does anyone have experience in either being possessed (if you have, I am truly sorry for what you have had to go through) or have witnessed an exorcism? I just wonder if it's similar to how films have portrayed them.

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,895 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Nope.  I've been repossessed but that's kinda different.

Welcome to UM, Puterpaws!  :)

#3    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

no-one gets possessed, there is a logical explanation for why people act the way they act which seems like they are possessed.... but 7 out of 10 times its a prank hoax

Posted Image

#4    SophiaStar

SophiaStar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

I believe that people can become possessed, but whether it is an outside entity that posses people I am not so sure.

I do not claim to know about the type of possession that was pictured in the film.

It is possible that one can cause the phenomenon by his/herself. For example alcohol abuse can cause possession of sorts.
Though I do not think that mere alcohol use is sole cause of possession.
There are deeper wounds in persons soul or psyche if you will.

To get rid of your possessor is to get to know your demons.
We all have them and to know their names is to know the root cause of ones ill behavior be it alcoholism or something else.
Meditation can be helpful.

Edited by SophiaStar, 21 February 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,173 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think possession by demons or demonic spirits is real but many times it is faked like so many other things.  I've never witnessed a possession myself but I have seen a ghost.

This story here I think is real.

http://www.theblaze....ing-to-believe/

#6    Hideout

Hideout

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Considering the complete lack of evidence that 'demons' exist, I would take any claim of possession with a MASSIVE grain of salt. As for you being interested in if film portrayals are accurate, you could try seeking out a Catholic priest who has been trained in exorcism? I'm not sure if that type of instruction is considered classified, or if they would even discuss it with you, but if you truly are interested it could be worth a shot.

To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in.
--Richard Feynman

#7    MisterCee

MisterCee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "Quando omni flunkus moritati"

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

I bought a book that supposedly contains the Roman Ritual off ebay...based on the typos in it I am somewhat skeptical.  I do remember seeing an interesting episode on SyFy's Paranormal Witness that dealt with a priest in Indiana who trained and performed exorcisms.  Although the episode 'recreated' the events, it was intriguing and, if true, pretty shocking and scary what the folks who went through the experience must have dealt with.  Here's a link: http://www.syfy.com/...19/the_exorcist

#8    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

When I was in Sunday school confirmation class my pastor talked of doing an exorcism where a woman was turned into a goat and brought back to her normal self after ridding her of the demon. Sketchy, right?

In college a former friend of mine faked possessions left and right. She'd be possessed by ghosts, demons, and even....faeries. I wasn't buying it. It escalated to the point where we were investigating a grave yard and her boyfriend and her both became "possessed" and started choking each other.

I don't really believe either of the above but I do believe there are forces out there beyond out understanding. Who's to say real possessions can't happen?

#9    sea-dove

sea-dove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

To the original poster

Possession is real, Ive experienced it myself.

As a psychic healer once got called in to try to help another who was completely posssessed.

Scary experience dealing with possessed other.. she had evil voice coming from her (just evil laughing), she was completely not conscious herself..completely unresponsive even to pain.. and her body was weirdly rigid like a plank even when we picked her up and carried her to the lounge (she wasnt bendable).

Before I was called in by her partner to try to help.. she'd been left laying on a cold shower floor not moving from early that morning till late at night when I got the phone call, with him being too scared to go near her.  When I got there, her body was so cold, she actually felt like a dead body.  She got possessed as we'd worked the day before at a psychic expo doing pranic healing demostrations and she'd been one of the 2 other healers who had been accompanying me with this.  I actually think I know the guy she picked up the possession from, we worked on this guy who had the most dreadful discusting energy Ive worked with and I felt something large move in his auric field.  She wasnt taking care (didnt do our normal protection stuff before she started doing the healings that day).

Unfortunately I couldnt help this other.. thou I tried help too. I got a healer friend to join me unfortunately he was only a reiki channel and we worked on her for hours.. with no response.. her chakras were like prunes and working on them, her energy field had gone very small, it was near impossible to get her chakras to accept energy.. I was trying to force energy into her unresponsive body (other then the occasssional evil laugh). In the end I had no choice but to get her husband to ring an ambulance (he really didnt want to but there was no way I was going to have her left like that after 18hrs with no water or anything)  and they come and picked her up and took her to hospital still completely unresponsive.

She came too the next day in hospital and freaked out.. fled from the hospital and ended up being taken back (they had their security go after her and detained her).. she rang me several days later from the hospital for help but I'd been left scared as whatever she carried was too much for me to be able to help her (that laugh and what the being did to her), so I never went and saw her. (I actually wish I'd been able to film this.. it was really strange.. her plank body even on lifting it).  I have no idea what ended up  happening to her. Unfortunately at that point of time (this was before I went throu my possession and the clearing of it)  I knew of no healer where I are more experienced then myself to aid her.

With myself I messed around with the occult a lot when I was younger (years of trying to learn trance channelling mediumship, trying to bring things within my body, I had lived in a house where a demon was where Satanists had previously lived etc), did things I didnt know better not to do. I didnt know that thinking i was in the state of love and light wasnt enough to protect me when doing healings on others so I wasnt shielding myself. . I was possessed (not like her thou...just in a way in which I'd get not nice thoughts etc.. my father says he once caught me doing something very nasty which I do not remember, or have screwed up memory of). .  It took MANY different people (shamans, lightworkers, healers) to free me from the entities I had within me (A couple of born again christian friends had previously tried to help me but I couldnt stay there while they prayed over me.. I would of attacked them and really hurt them so I had to stop them from praying after only a minute of prayers or I was going to hit them, it made me feel like I wanted to kill my friends.. it really made me feel terribly violent as the things within me reacted to their prayers (Im not christian and wouldnt have believed this if I hadnt experienced it).   They would of had to tie me up to be safe...so I just ended up calling that off and just told them I was fine to get them to stop.

I had weekly healings with experienced healers who could see this stuff, getting entities removed for years (a few different healers told me I was the worst case they'd come across, my aura was full of holes and tears),  a couple of weird things happened during those eg one time this huge wind came out of my mouth and just blew and blew during one healing... after these weekly healings didnt work.. the things just ended up coming back and reattaching to me.. things ended up culmulating in a whole group of spiritual psychic healers (who worked with the angels) working on me in a circle.  I was on the floor, and as they started sending the energy my way I thrashing in pain as it felt like things were actually ripping themselves out of my body, I felt like I was being ripped apart.  (I cant remember now, I may of been actually screaming too, I know I was crying out).. my body was also contorting in weird ways.. in positions I couldnt normally hold at all. I got quite bruised up during this due to my thrashing thou there was a lot of room .. I ended up thrashing into the legs of the chairs.

Im fine now but I went throu several years of hell due to entity attachments and things like that. (I also had some issue with non physical alien implants but that was nothing like the entity possession problem and the alien implant stuff was easy for a couple of experienced healers to remove from my etheric field and chakras)...

Thou I wasnt a part of this.. I know there was multiple people, a group got possessed one time at one of the spiritualist churches in my capital city.  Apparently they had a guest person in who was teaching them stuff and ran a class.  (I cant remember what now..it may of been connecting to spirits or channelling?) and this guy obviously didnt know what he was doing and during a meditation all the members that were there ended up possessed to the point none of them came out of the meditation!!!.  This guy then paniced and left them all there on the floor out of it, completely abandoning them all.  Someone else had to be brought it to fix everyone.  (word of advice beware some spiritualist churches and if something seems wrong, do not participate even if everyone else is).

Anyway..that's the most crazy possession Ive heard about so far (Ive been in psychic healing fields for 20 years)... Ive no idea what happens elsewhere.

Edited by sea-dove, 23 March 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#10    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

sea-dove, I swear your stories sound like from books I have read. I need to find them.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#11    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,782 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 24 March 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

sea-dove, I swear your stories sound like from books I have read. I need to find them.

I tell ya' alot of members here can easily make a side career being writers.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#12    6.6.6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Its many forms of understood and misunderstood menta illness!

#13    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 4,444 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postsea-dove, on 23 March 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

Possession is real, I’ve experienced it myself. As a psychic
healer once got called in to try to help another who was completely possessed.

(…) she was completely not conscious herself..completely unresponsive even to pain.. and her body was weirdly rigid like a plank (…) she'd been left laying on a cold shower floor not
moving from early that morning till late at night  (…) her body was so cold, she actually felt like a dead body.  (…)
These indicators are showing that the person was in big trouble and that the situation required immediate help by professional medical/psychological care. A low body temperature can be resulted by low blood pressure and a rigid body can lead to breathing

arrest. And it does not need a medical education to recognize such symptoms as critical.

But your “therapy” was as follows:

Unfortunately I couldn’t help this other.. thou I tried help too.
I got a healer friend to join me unfortunately he was only a reiki channel and we worked on her for hours.. with no response..
her chakras were like prunes and working on them, her energy field had gone very small, it was near impossible to get her
chakras to accept energy.. I was trying to force energy into her unresponsive body (…).

So after the person was in big trouble for a long time it was done what have had to be done from the beginning on:

In the end I had no choice but to get her husband to ring an
ambulance (he really didnt want to but there was no way I was going to have her left like that after 18hrs with no water or anything)
and they come and picked her up and took her to hospital still completely unresponsive.

(…) she rang me several days later from the hospital for help
but I'd been left scared as whatever she carried was too much for me to be able to help her (…), so I never went and saw her.
I have no idea what ended up happening to her. Unfortunately at that point of time (this was before I went throu my possession
and the clearing of it). I knew of no healer where I are more experienced then myself to aid her.

Finally she got the professional medical/psychological help by others, that you are not able to provide, you confirmed that already.

If the story is based on reality I have to say that you are a charlatan and quackster and you should not endanger ppl those are in

trouble with your kind of “therapy” as it seems that you even do not have a medical knowledge, or the common sense, on the
lowest level to be able to recognizesymptoms those can be dangerous to life and/or to mental conditions. Even if you believe in chakras/healing/energy/reiki theories it must be clear for you at what point these theories should not be executed first and as a
try to help in case of critical and dangerous symptoms are on the display.
And, so called "possessions" are an indicator for a mental dysfunction, it has nothing to do with ghosts/spirits/devil and friends.

Edited by toast, 24 March 2014 - 11:46 AM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#14    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,782 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=9t0Jowbqwlg

Because I'm too damn lazy to type up a full response to this hoopla.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 25 March 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=9t0Jowbqwlg

Because I'm too damn lazy to type up a full response to this hoopla.

But you got a laptop working now!

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users