Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"El Chapo Mexico’s top narco arrested

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Was driving to work this morning and there seemed to be an awful lot of police around and road-closures. Looks like the #1 narco has been caught.

http://www.washingto...027b_story.html

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I call BS but hmm who knows right. The war on drugs and the lies and back door deals makes this story a never mind.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,625 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

It´s still pretty early so it´s possible that it isn´t him but the US have already confirmed it and I´m sure they were instrumental in his capture. They caught hid head of security a few days ago and another of his top men two days ago. I do agree with you that this will not have a major effect on drug production and flow to the US.

G.Clinton

#4    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

The U.S. still can`t prove they killed Osama Bin Laden. Let alone the war on drugs is desighned to make people rich. Some do and some don`t.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Time for the next guy to service the heroin pipeline from Afghanistan.   Government can't go out of business by ending its own manufactured crises after all.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

View Postjugoso, on 22 February 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Was driving to work this morning and there seemed to be an awful lot of police around and road-closures. Looks like the #1 narco has been caught.
at a hotel in Mazatlan

http://www.washingto...027b_story.html
Actually it was a condominium not a hotel, right?   He was probably living there near you somewhere,  not visiting like a tourist.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Prices will rise now that we are Shorty drugs.  :(

#8    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,625 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

View PostYamato, on 22 February 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Actually it was a condominium not a hotel, right?   He was probably living there near you somewhere,  not visiting like a tourist.

Yes, it was a condo building and nothing super fancy. I don´t think he had been in Mazatlan very long. Not a great place to hide-out for too long. Apparently they had been tracking him and had another opportunity to take him but it was out in the country and so opted to wait until he was in a confined space. I don´t think any bullets were fired so they made the right decision. With his top two guys being arrested earlier in the week and the seizure of 3 tons of coke amongst a lot of other valuables, the noose was slowly tightening. Wouldn´t be surprised in the least to find out the captured companions were drugged/tortured to help authorities locate him.

Time for the next guy to service the heroin pipeline from Afghanistan.   Government can't go out of business by ending its own manufactured crises after all.
  I´ve heard that heroin use has really been increasing and the price is as low as it has ever been. What a coincidink!

G.Clinton

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

Is this one bust really going to break the cartel?   I'm sure the information he can provide would be enough to do some serious damage but I doubt this one bust is going to slow the flow of contraband.   That's the thing with black markets.  They're created by prohibition; not destroyed by it.  ;)

#10    MordorOrc

MordorOrc

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Evil Lurks Within...

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostYamato, on 23 February 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

Is this one bust really going to break the cartel?

Nope. As far as I can tell, the Sinaloa cartel still has most of it's high-ranking membership intact who will carry on the manufacture and sale of narcotics on the basis of earning as much money as possible before they'r eventually caught/gunned down.

And besides, knowing Mexico, he'd be out of jail within a few weeks anyway. It's not like the Mexicans can keep him in prison permanently unless they give him to the US for safe keeping, as prison guards there aren't easily bribed.

You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place.
Vladimir Putin

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Yeah sure, just like killing Pablo Escobar changed absolutely nothing, so too will this change absolutely nothing.

#12    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,625 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostMordorOrc, on 23 February 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Nope. As far as I can tell, the Sinaloa cartel still has most of it's high-ranking membership intact who will carry on the manufacture and sale of narcotics on the basis of earning as much money as possible before they'r eventually caught/gunned down.
Yep

And besides, knowing Mexico, he'd be out of jail within a few weeks anyway. It's not like the Mexicans can keep him in prison permanently unless they give him to the US for safe keeping, as prison guards there aren't easily bribed.

Hold on a second here. Are you insinuating that prison officials were bribed when he escaped from jail 13 years ago in a laundry cart? :rofl:

G.Clinton

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

The US sounds heavily involved in this one.  I seriously doubt Mexico would forget that and just let him go.

#14    MordorOrc

MordorOrc

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Evil Lurks Within...

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostYamato, on 24 February 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

The US sounds heavily involved in this one.

Both the US and Mexico have been after this guy for a decade. His cartel is the biggest and the US would probably want to tie him to his cartel's business across the border in the States with regards to drugs and killings.

I seriously doubt Mexico would forget that and just let him go.

Well Mexico would want to try him and imprison him, but Chapo escaped prison before and it's unlikely the Mexicans could keep him behind bars. Hence why an extradition to the US after charges and sentencing in Mexico or an agreement with the US would be beneficial in keeping Chapo where he belongs.

You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place.
Vladimir Putin

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Could it be that El Chapo was so wanted because he would not cooperate with the CIA smuggling rings?

Or maybe he once did, and is no longer useful?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users