Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Krishna

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Ghostdancer

Ghostdancer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Question about the Hindu deity Krishna. Was he an actual living person?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

#2    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

"you path of you answer starts in your hometown and ends somewhere between Mount Everest and the Hindu Kush, 14 years later...
so go fulfill your destiny, you answer awaits you, here take this letter with you, and give it to Mr Rasgunsatveer at the Green Leprechaun in New Delhi..
.. dont forget to pay your respects to the monkey God Hanuman, with the bag of peanut butter... oh.. oh and the thing you do with your hands, veryyy bad"

Posted Image

#3    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostGhostdancer, on 23 February 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Question about the Hindu deity Krishna. Was he an actual living person?

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#4    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• 1,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Well I can't answer your question to be sure; but the Vedas provide a very detailed account of his life. Particularly in the epic Bhagavad Gita he is portrayed as an incarnation of God. He is a central 'character' to the Hindu religion.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#5    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

I dont know that, but its interesting that in the new age
Krishna and Christ mean the same thing which is symbolic of an enlightened state
of consciousness

.                                                                              Posted Image

#6    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

I've seen black Jesus statues. Was Jesus blue?????????????

Man plans and God laughs.

#7    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

for all we know... he well could have been

There is a higher chance that he was of a darker color skin than the more aryan jesus were used to seeing

Posted Image

Edited by Black Magic, 28 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

.                                                                              Posted Image

#8    antarix

antarix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

While Dwarka has been found, two other cities Mathura and Vrindavan, said to be associated with his life, still exist. His birthday is celebrated by millions of people every year. There are so many details available about his life and deeds (including many good and a few not so good on moral grounds) which generate a belief that he was a real person.

#9    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 23 February 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

"you path of you answer starts in your hometown and ends somewhere between Mount Everest and the Hindu Kush, 14 years later...
so go fulfill your destiny, you answer awaits you, here take this letter with you, and give it to Mr Rasgunsatveer at the Green Leprechaun in New Delhi..
.. dont forget to pay your respects to the monkey God Hanuman, with the bag of peanut butter... oh.. oh and the thing you do with your hands, veryyy bad"

Are you a racist or do you just have a not-so-funny sense of humor?

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#10    sutemi

sutemi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

There is no proof that a teacher called Krishna lived. But the Bhagavad Gita in which he is a central character is one of the most beautiful religious texts you can read. The main problem for westerners is the titles and names but don’t get to bogged down in them and try to understand the teachings. I would recommend the translation by Juan Mascaro, Penguin classics (amazon price second hand starting at 1p another going for 49p not sure of postage). I was taught for 2 yrs by an Indian teacher and Mahatmas so I didn’t find it too bad. For those wondering about his blue colour it shows his royal blood. There are many stories and myths about him I would just stay with the Gita, Another great book but not about Krishna is the ‘Upanishads’, also very beautiful.

#11    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users