Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Will the Antichrist be from Europe?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,016 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

I recently finished a book by Joel Richardson on the topic and the proofs he puts forward are astounding. They fly completely in the face of accepted doctrine from the past 100 years or so. Please allow this to be a civil discussion - no bashing intended or allowed. Those interested in eschatology can discuss this earnestly without such behavior.  
The accepted interpretation of the origin of the AC has been that he will lead a ten nation confederation based in Rome but Richardson's work disputes this carefully and I'm having trouble finding holes in his reasoning. Help if you can.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    pumpkinheadOO

pumpkinheadOO

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

What is the name of this book if you dont mind?

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,016 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

View PostpumpkinheadOO, on 26 February 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

What is the name of this book if you dont mind?
MIDEAST BEAST: The scriptural case for an Islamic Antichrist

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hmm, seems interesting. I'll have to read it.

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,016 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 26 February 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Hmm, seems interesting. I'll have to read it.
I have been interested in eschatology for many years and this work of his is very controversial. It makes a lot of sense and is very logical but it has many detractors who stick to tradition. It's an eye opener for sure.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,225 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

View Postand then, on 26 February 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

I recently finished a book by Joel Richardson on the topic and the proofs he puts forward are astounding.
What kind of proofs does he put forward? Scriptures and his interpretation of them? Book of Revelation?

They fly completely in the face of accepted doctrine from the past 100 years or so. Please allow this to be a civil discussion - no bashing intended or allowed. Those interested in eschatology can discuss this earnestly without such behavior.  

The accepted interpretation of the origin of the AC has been that he will lead a ten nation confederation based in Rome but Richardson's work disputes this carefully and I'm having trouble finding holes in his reasoning. Help if you can.
Didn't you just write that his proofs fly in the face of doctrine? Then how can it be so hard to find holes?

I'd find it easy to beleive that the AC will be European, but just as easy to believe he will be Middle Eastern. Isn't he supposed to unite most of the worlds nations and try to unite all religions? He could come from just about any background.

I believe that the AntiChrist is mentioned only in the New Testiment and he is called the False Prophet, in the Book of Revelations.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

and then,

Please take no offense at my comments, friend. But I question the motives of such 'theological' writings in the sense that it seems to me that it fits a well established niche that targets neo-Conservative Evangelical Christians. Indeed, I see it as a form of western propaganda that is essentially nothing more than fear-mongering. Why must we always paint Muslims as the proverbial 'bad guy'? For me, I see the radical rise of secular humanism as being the bigger threat...to people of all religions, Muslims included. I see someone like a...certain president of a certain country...as more fitting of the pattern as a TYPE of the Anti-Christ. Or a Hitler or a Stalin. Worship of the state. Worship of humanity and supposed human progress. I feel that is the real area of concern.

I noted that you study eschatology; to that I must ask...have you ever studied Islamic eschatology? If you haven't I highly recommend it....because you will find it eerily similar to Christian eschatology, even to the point where they believe Jesus Christ will literally return to earth and lead the elect in a final battle against the forces of Satan.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,015 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

My memory might be fuzzy, but shouldn't the anti-Christ appear to be like Christ so more then likely a Jew?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,495 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

I thought he was from the Bible.

#10    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,679 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

Matthew 24:36

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Revelation 3:11

I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#11    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

To add to that: Matthew 16:28; "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Must be a two thousand year old disciple out there.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#12    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,164 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Well, when the Jewish and early Christian writers were speculating about the Apocalypse, they'd have been thinking about the world that they knew, wouldn't they, so of course they'd assume that he'd come from that part of the world, so the choice would pretty much be either Middle Eastern or those parts of Europe (i.e. Greece and Rome) that they'd have regular contact with. They wouldn't be likely to speculate that the Antichrist would come from America or China, since they'd have no idea that those places existed.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#13    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,679 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

When Monks from the middle ages were being killed (for fun), or kidnapped (for there literacy) by Vikings, the "End Times" was considered to be then.

Posted Image

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,016 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostMarcus Aurelius, on 26 February 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

and then,

Please take no offense at my comments, friend. But I question the motives of such 'theological' writings in the sense that it seems to me that it fits a well established niche that targets neo-Conservative Evangelical Christians. Indeed, I see it as a form of western propaganda that is essentially nothing more than fear-mongering. Why must we always paint Muslims as the proverbial 'bad guy'? For me, I see the radical rise of secular humanism as being the bigger threat...to people of all religions, Muslims included. I see someone like a...certain president of a certain country...as more fitting of the pattern as a TYPE of the Anti-Christ. Or a Hitler or a Stalin. Worship of the state. Worship of humanity and supposed human progress. I feel that is the real area of concern.

I noted that you study eschatology; to that I must ask...have you ever studied Islamic eschatology? If you haven't I highly recommend it....because you will find it eerily similar to Christian eschatology, even to the point where they believe Jesus Christ will literally return to earth and lead the elect in a final battle against the forces of Satan.
Actually you should really read Richardson's book. He is far from being a hater.  He is a scholar and sets his case with great precision from books of the old testament and from historical sources of that day. For example, the admonition that the AC will be from the "people" of the prince to come, the one who destroyed the temple, he finds to be a direct description of the Syrians and others who made up the bulk of the Roman Legions who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD.  By that time Roman Legions other than the Praetorian were mostly provincials and he cites a couple of other sources beside Josephus who validate the claim that it was "neighbors" who were used to destroy the Jews.
And I have studied Islamic eschatology to a small extent.  Tell me Marcus, what else do they expect Isa to do?  Particularly to the crosses and the swine?  You see, if you line up a description of Nabih Isa with the false prophet of Christianity it IS in fact eerily similar.  You REALLY should read this book.

#15    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 26 February 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

To add to that: Matthew 16:28; "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Must be a two thousand year old disciple out there.

The high priest of the Sanhedrin, chief priests, the elders, and the scribes might still be
around too?

Mark 14:62

“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty
One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users