Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

HELP! Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

My son, whom I love very dearly, recently bought Minecraft for his computer and has allowed me (against my wishes) to play it.
Now I am wondering if there is some sort of support group I need to seek out?
it's not just playing the game. it's the YouTube videos the minecraft wiki site I can't get enough.
I can't dig a hole with out wondering when I'll hit rock and being thankful I don't have a wooden shovel.

So really this is just a query if anyone in the UM universe is a fellow minecrafter. and if you have a favorite video or game related mod you would like to share.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#2    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,396 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Minecraft is addictive. I like Technic and Feed the Beast mods. I watch these videos on YouTube and then compare them to what I do in creative mode and feel so disappointed. For example this one:

Posted Image

#3    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

I play every couple of months with a couple friends. Whenever we have a lot of spare time to kill. Usually focuse around a couple beers and ciders and rubbish talk. It's great all the contraptions and such you can construct in it.

#4    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,432 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

been addicted before, just not to minecraft... its very serious, computer game addiction is very dangerous. Usually what I do, is cut it at the root ... uninstall it, remove it from my life

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#5    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

I played it for a week, got bored and stopped playing,

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#6    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 09 March 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

I played it for a week, got bored and stopped playing,
Ditto.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#7    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Both my sons play it occasionally. They tried to introduce it to me, but it makes me severely  motion sick. I can't do that zooming along in first person next to the ground thing.

I don't really get what is so addictive about it though.

Embrace the impossible.

#8    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

I played until my entire dungeon dynasty was flooded with a strike of the damn pickax. Then I was like, eff this.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#9    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

• "Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself" - Khalil Gibran

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 26 February 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

My son, whom I love very dearly, recently bought Minecraft for his computer and has allowed me (against my wishes) to play it.
it's not just playing the game. it's the YouTube videos the minecraft wiki site I can't get enough.
I can't dig a hole with out wondering when I'll hit rock and being thankful I don't have a wooden shovel.

So really this is just a query if anyone in the UM universe is a fellow minecrafter. and if you have a favorite video or game related mod you would like to share.

#10    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

• "Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself" - Khalil Gibran

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 26 February 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

#11    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

I am hopelessly addicted, as well!  I am 35 yrs old and should be ashamed of myself!  Seriously though, I don't care!  I love it for the creative mode mostly.  I am currently building a collosal tree house.  And I have 2 skyscrapers, an awesome house and a sweet village I made in my current world.  And even though I mostly play in creative mode, I love mining for diamonds!  I have the PC version which I believe is better than the xbox or pocket editions.  Maybe someday I'll try multiplayer. Ahhh good times.  Oh and I've youtubed and bought some of the guide books for my kindle!  My daughter and her classmates are set to attend a school board meeting to plead their case that minecraft can be used for educational purposes and her (5th grade) teacher let the kids build a town on minecraft for a history project.  
MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

#12    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

I am hopelessly addicted, as well!  I am 35 yrs old and should be ashamed of myself!  Seriously though, I don't care!  I love it for the creative mode mostly.  I am currently building a collosal tree house.  And I have 2 skyscrapers, an awesome house and a sweet village I made in my current world.  And even though I mostly play in creative mode, I love mining for diamonds!  I have the PC version which I believe is better than the xbox or pocket editions.  Maybe someday I'll try multiplayer. Ahhh good times.  Oh and I've youtubed and bought some of the guide books for my kindle!  My daughter and her classmates are set to attend a school board meeting to plead their case that minecraft can be used for educational purposes and her (5th grade) teacher let the kids build a town on minecraft for a history project.  
MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

#13    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

#14    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

#15    lisaloveslilia

lisaloveslilia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users