Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is our home haunted ?

haunted ghost spirit in the house paranormal activity

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    Misanthropic

Misanthropic

Mildly Harmless Annoyance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

Pretty cool story. i'm sorry i can't be of any help. Though i do ask that you keep us updated as things happen.

--- Insert quote from famous dead person here. ---

#32    namaste

namaste

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Two nights ago my husband and I were startled in the middle of the night by loud noises coming from either our closet or the kids room. We were half asleep and thought we heard several big bangs so loud it we thought the kids were up or the house shifted but it was 3 in the morning. Then we dismissed it and went back to bed only to be awoken again by a noise like something was moving in our closet. My husband thought it was a high pitch noise. I thought our hamster escaped its cage and was moving through our closet but in the morning, wediscovered that the hamster was in its cage and so i checked for mice in thehouse. We have none since our crawlspace is fully encapsulated and we have a dog on duty. She wouldve sensed mouse activity in the house. Well last night we went to bed as usual and this time i was awoken by noises coming from the kids room late in the night. It sounded like a slam. My husband was fast asleep and everything fell quiet afterwards so i went back to bed. In the morning, my oldest daughter told me she heard what sounded like footsteps in the hallway and felt like something was gonna happen. Soon after she heard a big bang against her bed. Strangely, she wasnt afraid and went back to bed. I dont know what to make of this, so ill keep recording my experiences.

#33    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

So you never got up and looked in the closet or checked to see if your kids were goofing around?

#34    Misanthropic

Misanthropic

• 1,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

So there's a common theme with the last post.
The closet and/or the kids room.

i'd cut a hole on either side and see what the hell is between those walls.
But that's just me and me is quite a ways left of center if ya know what i mean?

#35    namaste

namaste

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

I havent checked up on the kids. It was three in the morning and im more than certain they were asleep. In fact, we were half asleep so we didnt get up to investigate. But we did clean up a fair load of snow off our roof today. Perhaps the weight of the snow caused the noises in our house. I checked the closets for any mouse activity and discovered none. If it continues i will at least now its not any of these factors.

Edited by namaste, 09 March 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#36    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

View Postnamaste, on 09 March 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

I havent checked up on the kids. It was three in the morning and im more than certain they were asleep. In fact, we were half asleep so we didnt get up to investigate. But we did clean up a fair load of snow off our roof today. Perhaps the weight of the snow caused the noises in our house. I checked the closets for any mouse activity and discovered none. If it continues i will at least now its not any of these factors.

You may have figured out your "haunting"  teh big melt should be coming soon so expect more noises and then, if all is quiet, you'll have a rational explanation.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#37    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Never trust anything you hear or see when you are sleeping.  Hypnagogic images are hallucinations you can have while you are in sleep mode and make a normal sound seem abnormal.

wish you the best.

#38    whitelight

whitelight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

Back where I used to live there is a haunted stretch of road.  In the area there is a subdivision and a number of older homes on the road.  I know of five homes, one business and a contractor (who built some of the homes in the subdivision) who all experienced things that would be consistent with what is considered to be a haunting.

#39    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

View Postwhitelight, on 10 March 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Back where I used to live there is a haunted stretch of road.  In the area there is a subdivision and a number of older homes on the road.  I know of five homes, one business and a contractor (who built some of the homes in the subdivision) who all experienced things that would be consistent with what is considered to be a haunting.

Such as what?   Maybe start a thread?

#40    Randy64

Randy64

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hello and welcome to UM.  I too have had an experiance with the Same things and more as you have, I think i can be of some asstiance of you still are looking for that. We to had a older home and it turned Haunted and we were forced to deal with it, It took a couple of years ....But we were able to clean out the Evil Spirits out of our Home. If you want more information Write me back. Thanks Randy

#41    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,386 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostRandy64, on 12 April 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Hello and welcome to UM.  I too have had an experiance with the Same things and more as you have, I think i can be of some asstiance of you still are looking for that. We to had a older home and it turned Haunted and we were forced to deal with it, It took a couple of years ....But we were able to clean out the Evil Spirits out of our Home. If you want more information Write me back. Thanks Randy

A good camera always does the trick

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#42    Misanthropic

Misanthropic

• 1,182 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostMerc14, on 12 April 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

A good camera always does the trick

Amazing how most hauntings cease when a camera is introduced. Technology, is there anything it can't do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users