Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Syrian Christians make a choice

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

http://www.timesofis...15388c-54430521

The article speaks for itself - wonder what excuses will be made?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

The most outrageous part is that they signed away a lot of their religious rights for 'protection' from the very people they signed the treaty with. This isn't protection, it's oppression.

These ISIS nutcases need to go, and it's up to the Syrian people to get rid of them.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,797 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

I know what the excuse will be...wait for it.... :whistle:

Mean while, here is another link to the story.  I always like to have more than one source.  http://www.bbc.com/n...e-east-26366197

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,799 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Ohh they've nothing to worry about, Islam's the religion of peace after all :whistle:

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yes, the "peace" of slavery.

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#6    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

What will happen when the money runs out? Non-muslims in oppressive countries rarely get the good-paying jobs, which are reserved for "faithful" muslims. If a christian family is forced into poverty and can't afford the jizya tax, the parents will likely be imprisoned or killed, and the children forced to convert to islam.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postsimplybill, on 08 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

What will happen when the money runs out? Non-muslims in oppressive countries rarely get the good-paying jobs, which are reserved for "faithful" muslims. If a christian family is forced into poverty and can't afford the jizya tax, the parents will likely be imprisoned or killed, and the children forced to convert to islam.
The "good" news is that when Issa,Isa, Muslim "Jesus" returns there will be no more tax!  The bad news is then your only choice will be conversion or death.

#8    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

View Postsimplybill, on 08 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Generally speaking during such oppressive epochs members of minorities depend on trade; concentrate on education, and work in independent professions: doctors, accountants, engineers...etc. Those who are well off aid the less fortunate through church organizations.

#9    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 08 March 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Generally speaking during such oppressive epochs members of minorities depend on trade; concentrate on education, and work in independent professions: doctors, accountants, engineers...etc. Those who are well off aid the less fortunate through church organizations.
I wish I shared your optimism M. It appears to me that those particular jihadists (ISIS) are behaving more like the El Shabab in Somalia or the Afghani Taliban.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#10    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

View Postsimplybill, on 08 March 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wish I shared your optimism M. It appears to me that those particular jihadists (ISIS) are behaving more like the El Shabab in Somalia or the Afghani Taliban.
Or Boko Harem in Nigeria.

But then, is this a surprise ? They all share a common set of written scripture.

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#11    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

View Postsimplybill, on 08 March 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

Actually I agree with you! I was talking in general terms not specifically just about ISIS, when various ME countries witnessed the rise of particularly oppressive ideologies.

On an aside note, I wonder if this group is aware that their acronym is the name of not only a 'pagan idol', but a female goddess at that!!! :w00t:

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 08 March 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Actually I agree with you! I was talking in general terms not specifically just about ISIS, when various ME countries witnessed the rise of particularly oppressive ideologies.

On an aside note, I wonder if this group is aware that their acronym is the name of not only a 'pagan idol', but a female goddess at that!!! :w00t:
I hadn't made that particular VERY ironic connection - you go Meryt!  :w00t:

#13    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 08 March 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Ohh they've nothing to worry about, Islam's the religion of peace after all :whistle:

Don't generalize ... you have radicals in any religion, and you have true believers

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 11 March 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Don't generalize ... you have radicals in any religion, and you have true believers
Except with Islam we in the west have trouble seeing the difference.  I truly do not mean that as an insult to Muslims in general. But some scriptures from the Qur'an are used to justify Jihad and slaughter and in truth it seems that those who actually make holy war ARE the more devout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users