Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

joe biden to single moms stay home

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Joe Given told single moms to stay hone and take care of kids, obamacare will take care of you.

Welfare was used by the left to keep people in poverty there.  It was a status quo keeper.  Is if your poor you staid poor and on welfare.  It seems that the democrats have found a way to bring it back.

We need people who are trying not sitting on their butts waiting for handouts, if their able to work.  We don't need another generation not knowing how to work.

Poverty is bigated toward the black family and poor families.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,144 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

typical biden comment

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Can you provide a source for your initial claim? I looked on the net and couldn't find anything. Fyi, i worked at a welfare department for 8 years and can tell you nobody happily walked through the door. They did so because they couldn't feed their babies, because they got laid off their jobs, because they had a chronic illness or injury that kept them from working. Or because dad walked away and paid no child support. And when a member of the LDS walked in the door we referred them to the bishop who saw they got the help they needed without chiding them for being temporarily down on their luck or calling them lazy or accusing them of looking for a handout, as you so charmingly put it.

Edited by Beany, 28 February 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,879 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 February 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

Joe Given told single moms to stay hone and take care of kids, obamacare will take care of you.
Joe is loving the women's vote longtime!  A preemptive pre-campaign broadside against the Dread Lady, Hillary Rodham.

Joe's got a good deal from the government that will appeal to many unemployed mothers and baby daddys alike.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#5    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 February 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

Welfare was used by the left to keep people in poverty there.  It was a status quo keeper.  Is if your poor you staid poor and on welfare.  It seems that the democrats have found a way to bring it back.

We need people who are trying not sitting on their butts waiting for handouts, if their able to work.  We don't need another generation not knowing how to work.

Poverty is bigated toward the black family and poor families.

That last sentence made me laugh. danielost did you forget your meds? slow down take a deep breath. Joe (jimmy buffet) Biden is a freaking idiot. I can see why Obama picked him as veep, because if anyone can make Obama look like he has at least a spark of intelligence it's Joe. with the way the current administration is handling the job situation the single moms may have no choice but to stay home.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#6    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm still waiting for a source for Daniel's first statement.

And need to remind people that 80% of the people on welfare are single moms with kids. We all know the job market is abysmal, we should know the cost of child care for 2-3 kids makes work impractical for single parent families. Go ahead and poke fun at or hate on Joe, that's personal opinion, but when you demonize poor women & children and chastise them for being poor, call them lazy and looking for a handout because them find themselves temporarily unable to take care of themselves and their kids because of changed economic circumstances, I'm going to stand up and say something. And not one dang word about our corporate welfare program, no, let's pick on the women & children who are struggling to put their lives back together under adverse circumstances. This thread kept me awake last night because of its callousness and lack of compassion and ignorance about the conditions of poverty. So yeah, I join you in wondering what the world's coming to.

#7    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostYamato, on 28 February 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Joe is loving the women's vote longtime!

Laughed harder than I should have at that :tsu:

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#8    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,188 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Joe will be squawking about Hillary's War on Women here soon, after what the battleaxe said yesterday about Obamacare.

Edited by Merc14, 28 February 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#9    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

http://cnsnews.com/n...cause-obamacare

I didn't say people liked being on welfare, I said it was a status quo keeper.  Once on it kt was hard to get off.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#10    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,276 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostBeany, on 28 February 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for a source for Daniel's first statement.

And need to remind people that 80% of the people on welfare are single moms with kids. We all know the job market is abysmal, we should know the cost of child care for 2-3 kids makes work impractical for single parent families. Go ahead and poke fun at or hate on Joe,
you are absolutely right about single moms, kids are full time job. even 1
what is even worst, that some are denied welfare because their child support (on paper) puts them above required income, worst thing is, some don't even get child support that they owed.

i do  not like the Joe, he never gave me any reason to like him, i don't care for him,  but  in this case, he is not so wrong.

However, i'm no economist, but how will obamacre pay their rent, and bills? even if it does pay 100% for all medical needs, still there are other expences that have nothing to do with health.

http://cnsnews.com/n...cause-obamacare  <this may be it

Edited by aztek, 28 February 2014 - 03:53 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

My only question is does the same thing go for single dads?  Or just us ladies?

My boss said something similar to me once, I told him to go **** himself.  Any self-reliant single mother is gonna feel the same way.

We should be encouraging these women to get educated and find a career, not sit at home and not even try....

What a warped view.

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,775 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostAwake2Chaos, on 28 February 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

My only question is does the same thing go for single dads?  Or just us ladies?

My boss said something similar to me once, I told him to go **** himself.  Any self-reliant single mother is gonna feel the same way.

We should be encouraging these women to get educated and find a career, not sit at home and not even try....

What a warped view.

And that is exactly the question I would ask. On the other hand, single dads is probably a relation of 1:100... which makes them irrelevant in the political game.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,125 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

From the article:

"Well, I can tell you, I thought I was invincible as a young man and a senator. I was diagnosed with a -- I needed a craniotomy."

Sounds like he needs another one.

#14    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

My buddy's wife was complaining that she was bored and couldn't socialize being a housewife and that she wanted to go get a job.  So of course he let her.  His complaint however was that the cost of childcare was far greater than the income she was getting from her job and basically he was paying her to have a job.

This got me thinking.  How does a single mom survive if she has to pay someone else to watch her kids while she works. And it's no wonder that our schools are more like daycares than educational institutes.

#15    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,775 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostGromdor, on 28 February 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

My buddy's wife was complaining that she was bored and couldn't socialize being a housewife and that she wanted to go get a job.  So of course he let her.  His complaint however was that the cost of childcare was far greater than the income she was getting from her job and basically he was paying her to have a job.

This got me thinking.  How does a single mom survive if she has to pay someone else to watch her kids while she works. And it's no wonder that our schools are more like daycares than educational institutes.

That is not uncommon, especially among young families.

Our problem seems to be that our valuation of work seems to be slightly skewed: work to insure the well being of our children (or our future) and you are looked down upon. Push a pencil in some office that generates nothing but costs and you are a hero.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users