Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Now Anyone Can Be The NSA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

gizmodo said:

Yesterday, when Bryan Seely showed me his various Google Maps exploits, he showed me more than just dick jokes and fake businesses. Using these tricks, Seely was also able to set up a system that could surreptitiously record phone calls to the FBI and Secret Service. And he actually did it.

The premise is simple; instead of creating fake businesses with stupid names, he created fake locations for an FBI office in San Francisco and a Secret Service office in Washington DC, each effectively taking the place of its real life counterpart. These new locations were identical to their real-life counterparts—with one important change. A new phone number.

I saw this in action. Seely sent me a link to a Google Maps Search query for "federal bureau of investigation near San Francisco, CA." There, I saw two otherwise identical listings, and when I called the one Seely pointed out to me as fake, he was the one who picked up the phone.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Because when FBI agents call reception. They do so through google maps...

#3    dharmamonk

dharmamonk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

• An Aquarian Exposition

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Sounds like he simply set up an alternative phone line that would recieve some of the calls mistakenly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users