Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Northern Lights illuminate the UK

northern lights aurora borealis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,423 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

The Aurora Borealis - better known as the Northern Lights - has been giving rare and spectacular displays over parts of the UK, from the north of Scotland to as far south as Jersey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26378027

Posted Image

#2    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

They look amazing!  I was just in Iceland until Wednesday and got to see them there but I'm in Yorkshire and didn't get to see them in the UK at all.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,041 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Ha I mentioned this on the community index last night, no-one seemed that bothered to look!  I did look - but Im surrounded by a housing estate so cant really see much but rooftops. Had I known before I did, which was on news last night, Id have driven out to some open spoace somewhere, always wanted to see the lights

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

live in essex, it came but late, since everyone is off tomorrow, we will try to stay up later... fingers crossed

Posted Image

#5    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Go, go, go and see them!!!  I don't think they have ever been so good where I live as you are having, but I've seen the aurora many times in my lifetime and have seen pictures of your current display on TV news.  You are so lucky!!!

#6    Red Howler

Red Howler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

• Flower power Girl Power

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I've seen it in the night sky recently, but not as these fantastic curtains of colour though. What I've witnessed are just shades of colour, blue-green on one end, orange the other, red on the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users