Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teen's Facebook brag costs dad $80K

facebook brag dana snay age-discrimination lawsuit gulliver preparatory school

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostMichelle, on 01 March 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

This falls under TMI...too much information. Bragging about money, to strangers on the internet, is as stupid as telling people when you are going to be away on vacation,  You are setting yourself up to be robbed or worse.
why? why don't you blame those that wants to hurts you instead ?  if you wear a skirt and you get raped ? do you also blame yourself ?

#17    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 01 March 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

why? why don't you blame those that wants to hurts you instead ?  if you wear a skirt and you get raped ? do you also blame yourself ?

Do you go around telling your innermost secrets to people who are not your friends and may use them against you to hurt you?

#18    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,243 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I have A FB account but don't use it much. But it's amazing how people on your friends list
will post every little detail of there lives. It's as if they don't go outside to do things but if they
do they're packing that mobile device around looking for something to post. :wacko: geez

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#19    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 01 March 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

why ? you from USA ?

Posted Image

Yes....yes I am...wanna fight about it?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#20    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Usagi Tsukino

• 8,573 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

All I can say is moron.

#21    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 01 March 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yes....yes I am...wanna fight about it?
typical!!

#22    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostMichelle, on 01 March 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Do you go around telling your innermost secrets to people who are not your friends and may use them against you to hurt you?
this is getting of topic !  lets start over lol ..  i agree with you. we shouldn't post everything on FB.  
what i am trying to say is that, sometimes honest people are being punished for being honest ! i just think that is wrong, we may call it stupid or dumb! but to use their honesty to punish them ? in some cases, yes we should .. but in this case ? hard to tell ..

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 02 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

this is getting of topic !  lets start over lol ..  i agree with you. we shouldn't post everything on FB.  
what i am trying to say is that, sometimes honest people are being punished for being honest ! i just think that is wrong, we may call it stupid or dumb! but to use their honesty to punish them ? in some cases, yes we should .. but in this case ? hard to tell ..

She wasn't being honest she was bragging. To make it worse, she was talking about her father and did she ever consider he may not want everyone to know his business? It should go without question when you confide in someone, or they are privy to what is going on in your private life, it is not to be spread in idle gossip.

#24    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,311 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

Facebook.

Allowing your stupidity to be known globally since 2004.

Edited by Leonardo, 03 March 2014 - 01:02 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#25    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,811 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Haha... 1200 facebook friends is a good teller of this level of stupidity and detachment from reality. Nothing better than seeing some self entitled brat getting a wake up call.

#26    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,619 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

The moral of this story is NEVER ever get involved with Facebook. It will lead to your demise.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#27    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,619 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:25 AM

But if you think  about it, the girl did NOT sign the confidentiality agreement. The father did. He didn't talk about it. The girl did.

To make any kind of judgement on this issue, we would need to see the wording of the agreement. Did the father sign for the whole family? Or just for him?

Legally, is she a separate entity? I would appeal again.

Edited by regeneratia, 03 March 2014 - 02:30 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#28    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,619 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

I think it is the father's fault, if..... If he signed a confidentiality agreement for the whole family, it should have been the first thing he mentioned to his family. No girl would text if it cost the family $80,000. No matter what kind of spoiled brat you all think she is. She is innocent. She is 14, and still under massive brain development. At that age, she has no ability to have a concrete, solid  picture of the future. And the brain area of her impulse development is currently being systematically dulled by the myriad, and sometimes controversial social mechanisms in play.

If the confidentiality agreement only covers his confidentiality, then they should have the money. No law should ever ask a person to lie to his/her family, even by omission.

So really, we need to see that agreement that he signed.

Edited by regeneratia, 03 March 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#29    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,708 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Some people do like to learn the hard way...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,745 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 March 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

But if you think  about it, the girl did NOT sign the confidentiality agreement. The father did. He didn't talk about it. The girl did.

To make any kind of judgement on this issue, we would need to see the wording of the agreement. Did the father sign for the whole family? Or just for him?

Legally, is she a separate entity? I would appeal again.
But he did talk about it, to his daughter...a simple "do not go putting this on facebook, at least not until the money is in the bank" to her should have done.
But when they say do not mention this, especially on netwoking sites, then, well, that includes everyone, down to the father, mother, children and family pets.

You do not have to be a genius to know, in todays day and age................never brag until the money is safely in the bank, and even then i would not brag, it tends to bring out the scroungers from all corners of the woodworks.

Let this be a lesson (of life) for them all.

Here is another example, when doing jury service, you are not to mention the case, not even to your family members......not much difference here to what he signed for.

Edited by freetoroam, 03 March 2014 - 11:24 AM.

I am not religious, but this does not make me anti religion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users