Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teen's Facebook brag costs dad $80K

facebook brag dana snay age-discrimination lawsuit gulliver preparatory school

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,573 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 March 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

But if you think  about it, the girl did NOT sign the confidentiality agreement. The father did. He didn't talk about it. The girl did.

To make any kind of judgement on this issue, we would need to see the wording of the agreement. Did the father sign for the whole family? Or just for him?

Legally, is she a separate entity? I would appeal again.
Then he broke it by telling his family.

#32    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,508 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 01 March 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

the girl is innocent !

Not really.    She is the one who posted it on Facebook for all to see.  
The dad should never had told her, but she is not innocent in this.

#33    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

You know the world has gone to hell when you can't trust 1200 of your closest friends...

#34    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 01 March 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

the girl is innocent ! blame those that uses every single dirty tactic to get their money back !( the school refused to pay a dime because the father had signed a confidentiality agreement ).. really ? so how would a father keep that kind of money a secret from daughter and wife? or am i seeing things wrong here ?
if i would be them i would just tell them that her account has been hacked by SOMEONE with this kind of info !   o well .. only in USA ! things like this can happen lol !

I would imagine that immediate family would be included in the confidentiality agreement.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#35    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 02 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

this is getting of topic !  lets start over lol ..  i agree with you. we shouldn't post everything on FB.  
what i am trying to say is that, sometimes honest people are being punished for being honest ! i just think that is wrong, we may call it stupid or dumb! but to use their honesty to punish them ? in some cases, yes we should .. but in this case ? hard to tell ..

There's nothing wrong with being honest - except when there is a confidentiality agreement.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#36    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,309 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostRafterman, on 03 March 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with being honest - except when there is a confidentiality agreement.
Vety true, when those honest lawyers tell you to keep hush, then its best to do what them honest lawyers tell ya.

#37    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostRafterman, on 03 March 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Or if someone tells you something in confidence. I bet not too many people tell this little blabbermouth anything they don't want the whole world to know.

#38    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 March 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

Vety true, when those honest lawyers tell you to keep hush, then its best to do what them honest lawyers tell ya.

Exactly, dude had no business telling his daughter the specifics of the agreement.  Or, if he chose to do so, should have reinforced the fact that the agreement was in place.

It's called living in the big people's world.

#39    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,099 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Like was said, the actual wording of the "confidentiality agreement" is what can sway this case one way or the other.

#40    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostRafterman, on 03 March 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Exactly, dude had no business telling his daughter the specifics of the agreement.  

how do we know he did????  all he had to do come home happy, and his kid would figure he won the case. that would be all she needed to start yapping
father may not have said a word to her, you know how teens are, (and some not so teens), what they don't know they make up. just to look cool in front of their fb friends

RESIDENT TROLL.

#41    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,099 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

how do we know he did????  all he had to do come home happy, and his kid would figure he won the case. that would be all she needed to start yapping
father may not have said a word to her, you know how teens are, (and some not so teens), what they don't know they make up. just to look cool in front of their fb friends

Exactly... there is a "reasonable expectation" that close family members often are partially aware of legal matters regarding the parents.

I hope the Florida Supreme Court takes that into consideration.

#42    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Like my Grandma used to say: "Only little kids and fools tell everything they know"!!!

#43    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

View Postaztek, on 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Well the article did say that she "learned" about the settlement.  There's really no way she could have known unless the dad told her.

#44    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,394 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Dumb kid...if the dad signed a confidentiality agreement he not did tell people the kid did.
His kid could have seen it on the table and read it he needs a good lawyer.

#45    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostRafterman, on 04 March 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

We  There's really no way she could have known unless the dad told her.
yes there is, even dogs can read emotions, let alone humans.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users