Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Strange Objects in Martian Rocks - Rover

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1    sunspot

sunspot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone, take a look at my Tumblr post about some VERY interesting images just down from the Curiosity rover on Mars.

First, here is the original image on the NASA Mars rover website
http://mars.jpl.nasa...1000E1_DXXX.jpg

And my Tumble post about it:
http://eosterwine.tu...y-rover-clearly

I've been trying to get people to look at it, but so far it's been complete silence.

What do you all think????

Attached Files

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Ah I see, ammonites on Mars, now, is that what youre implying?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

OH! MY! GOODNESS! Someone has actually found some solid proof....

Of the existence of rocks on Mars. Case busted wide open. Posted Image

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

^ I LURRRRRVE THIS.

Anyway, where were we? ah yes, strange rocks on Mars..................................Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Regardless its Looking a lot better for our little trooper on Mars, We see production,and results now, I bet before its to the end of its life we will have proof of Life did at one time start on Mars IMO. :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 March 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Regardless its Looking a lot better for our little trooper on Mars, We see production,and results now, I bet before its to the end of its life we will have proof of Life did at one time start on Mars IMO. :tu:
I think you could be right, there are a few humans who I reckon originated from that strange rock.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    sunspot

sunspot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

I see posting this here was a waste of time.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

View Postsunspot, on 01 March 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

hmm in what respect exactly, if I may ask?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I do not understand, at least we were not silent:

View Postsunspot, on 01 March 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

I've been trying to get people to look at it, but so far it's been complete silence.

#10    Astra00

Astra00

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:03 AM

Pretty cool pictures.... I think it's terrific that we now get to see Mars rocks and the red planets terrain. This is just the tip of the ice- berg in regards to what further technology will bring to us in the future. Thanks for sharing :tu:

~ Never let anyone define who you are ~

#11    PM3K

PM3K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• No gimmicks allowed

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

It's not just a boulder! It's a rock!

pseudoscience is useless

#12    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

If they find any other life there like green scum growing on the Martian rocks, I am going to lick that up like lunch....mmmm, me hungry !

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

???  After just 3 hours and you complain because you aren't getting the results you would have liked?  Could you explain what you were hoping for, exactly?

Just out of Curiosity (see what i did there?), given the thousands of images coming back from Mars, would you not expect there to be occasional things that look a little like other things every now and then?  Me, I'm surprised we haven't had many faces yet...

Anyway, normally I'd make a bit of an effort to see if there were any higher resolution images to examine - that image simply isn't resolving the area enough to say that it is anything other than a chance pattern of light and texture...

I shall however just make one pertinent comment - that enlargement you supplied, OP, is VERY misleading.  This is a quite heavily compressed JPEG file, and it contains very obvious jpeg blocking artefacts, namely the little 8x8 pixel blocks of data that show *false* detail.  By using an INTERPOLATED enlarging routine, you have enhanced that FALSE detail.  And because it is in little 8x8 blocks, it looks like a regular pattern in the 'thing'.  If you enlarge it properly (using non-interpolated or linear or nearest neighbour)... you would see why you should NEVER enlarge jpeg's like you have.

Normally I would take the time to post examples and a fuller explanation, but seeing you are already complaining about the responses, I shall simply go and do something else where I am more appreciated and where logic and knowledge will be listened to...   :passifier:  .. {and spits it}

:D

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View Postsunspot, on 01 March 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Hey everyone, take a look at my Tumblr post about some VERY interesting images just down from the Curiosity rover on Mars.

First, here is the original image on the NASA Mars rover website
http://mars.jpl.nasa...1000E1_DXXX.jpg

And my Tumble post about it:
http://eosterwine.tu...y-rover-clearly

Would you be so kind as to share with us your academic credentials, educational background, peer reviewed papers you've written and successfully submitted, etc. and why you have determined that this is a Martian fossil.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#15    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

• Viking and Pagan at heart. Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

The coloring of the image seems to intentionally point out that there is a fossil in that rock.  I'd like to see it in person first, before jumping to any conclusions (I know, that's an impossibility).  Seems that other protrusions in that rock could be considered a fossil as well, if only the coloring on them was slightly brighter.

So, until further study is done and actual evidence can be shown, it's just a strange and interesting rock.  Nothing more.

Why?  Because the responses weren't what you were wanting to read?

Orbs and Chemtrails, Bigfoot and Global Warming,
It's these hoaxes and more
That give me my sour stomach each morning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users