Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

The Fate of mankind

self extinction humanity solutions

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

Hi UM,    

There are alot of nightmares in the world to speak of today. So where are our dreams gone?  Have we lost touch with who we are?  Its a broad question so I will narrow it down.

The environmental change man is responsible for is likely happening too fast for our naturally timed evolutionary clocks to adapt to and for our planet to cope with.  That means we will not be able to evolve biologically quick enough to survive the rate of environmental change, pollution, disease and social ills.  

Mini extinctions of life on Earth happens on a daily basis, it is sad and unsustainable fact of industrialized 'progress'.  Its time for humanity to awaken or else the mathematical likelihood of self extinction is our likely fate.  

Can we look forwards optimistically?  Will we unlock the source of our own intelligence perhaps?  Is there any potential for humanity to develop further? Or has mankind simply evolved from the cave to the grave?

I believe no problem can exist without solution.  So what does it mean to you to be human?  All thoughts are welcome, Thanks

#2    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

Will Earth Be Unlivable by 2050? New Study Reveals Global Warming Increasing Rapidly

"The global warming that was previously predicted to occur within 2,000 years, is now predicted to occur within the lifetimes of some people who are alive even today..."

http://www.designntr...se-droughts.htm

"The bottom line here is that the heat-buildup in our biosphere is happening too fast for species to adapt in any other way than by soaring extinctions, which are already beginning to happen in record numbers. The complex web of ecological changes that will inevitably result from this rapid heat-buildup in our biosphere will cause agriculture to crash, and starvation to become the norm,"

http://www.opednews....131226-656.html

Edited by taniwha, 02 March 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#3    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,642 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Global warming is not mans fault, the ozone levels were higher when man was `nt even around, its just natural climate change. Might be a good thing more land for humans to live on,when the ice melts.:) I`d worry more about those darn asteroids flying around that did the dinos in :cry:

Edited by docyabut2, 02 March 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#4    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 March 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

Global warming is not mans fault, the ozone levels were higher when man was `nt even around, its just natural climate change. Might be a good thing more land for humans to live on,when the ice melts. :) I`d worry more about those darn asteroids flying around that did the dinos in :cry:

Perhaps, but is the percentage of mans contribution to global warming insignificantly measureable?

Global Warming Effects and Causes: A Top 10 List
http://planetsave.co...-a-top-10-list/

Read more at
http://planetsave.co...SCAi68PC8iOP.99

Not to mention the effects that rocket ships aircraft and atmospheric nuclear tests have done to scar the atmosphere.
The planet has no choice but to react to pollutants natural and manmade.   Man does have a choice though.  There will be a straw which breaks the camels back but predicting that day precisely wont be possible without hindsight in which case it will already have happened and be too late.

Edited by taniwha, 02 March 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

Global warming will not cause mass extinction for humans. A pandemic will eventually bring us close, and modern technology is fated to be wiped out, but human brings are very resourceful, the only thing that will really wipe us out totally is a massive comet strike. It something like a mutton star or entering out neck of the woods. As long as the atmosphere is not fundamentally changes or the food chain isn't distrusted beyond repair, humans will pull through to try again in another time.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 03 March 2014 - 03:11 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,340 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

Reminds me of this song, and who knows, maybe we will eventually find new homes in the universe, and hopefully, by then, will have learned not to sow our own seeds of destruction.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FLLz4UN2Q

#7    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

Newton said the world will end in 2060. Let's wait and see!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#8    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 03 March 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

Global warming will not cause mass extinction for humans. A pandemic will eventually bring us close, and modern technology is fated to be wiped out, but human brings are very resourceful, the only thing that will really wipe us out totally is a massive comet strike. It something like a mutton star or entering out neck of the woods. As long as the atmosphere is not fundamentally changes or the food chain isn't distrusted beyond repair, humans will pull through to try again in another time.

What is a mutton star??

I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#9    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 03 March 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

What is a mutton star??
Hahaha yes well it seems I butchered that whole post. Serves me right posting on my iPhone while half asleep. Auto correct is pretty interesting.

I meant "neutron star". a coupled other words were butchered as well... How funny,

Edited by White Crane Feather, 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#10    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

Global warming will not cause mass extinction for humans. A pandemic will eventually bring us close...

In light of ressurecting ancient GIANT viruses its Interesting you should say that, who knows what else global warming will thaw out of the permfrost.      

"There is now a non-zero probability that the pathogenic microbes that bothered [ancient human populations] could be revived, and most likely infect us as well,"

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=263229

#11    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 March 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

I`d worry more about those darn asteroids flying around that did the dinos in :cry:

modern technology is fated to be wiped out, but human brings are very resourceful, the only thing that will really wipe us out totally is a massive comet strike. .

NEO and the UN take this threat seriously enough to be developing solutions that we might sleep soundly at night.  But if the Chelyabinsk meteor is any indication no matter how many watchdogs are active odds are at this stage in our tech one will slip through the backdoor.  Like the old saying you dont hear the bullet that hits you.

http://www.examiner....-2500-years-ago

#12    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostBeany, on 03 March 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Reminds me of this song, and who knows, maybe we will eventually find new homes in the universe, and hopefully, by then, will have learned not to sow our own seeds of destruction.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FLLz4UN2Q

Yes who does know, we do need to grow better habits.  Time seems so short and escape from our planet does have appeal to some.  It is a huge ask in a short time though.  If time be limited that is.   I say to all the those future space travellers in all those future spaceships clean up this planet before you leave me in peace lol.   I cant see myself getting far without an overwhelming yearning to return.  Hmmmm deliverance might be a matter of taste.

#13    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,695 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hahaha yes well it seems I butchered that whole post. Serves me right posting on my iPhone while half asleep. Auto correct is pretty interesting.

I meant "neutron star". a coupled other words were butchered as well... How funny,

lol but seriously mini extinctions have been linked to supernova in the distant past so that scenario seems likely again as time runs its course.  I think the ozone gets stripped by Gamma rays exposing us to lethal dosages of radiation.  In any event we would have years of warning, but what could we do?  Hide underground maybe or in caves?  Re learn how to live in pre historic ways?  

The worlds most imminent radioactive threat is from Fukushima.  What if the radioactive tap cant be turned off what then?  Is our undoing inching closer as it poisons firstly pacific creatures, local eco systems then distant shores?  Migrating a ride with marine birds and mammals to global feeding and breeding grounds, drip feeding into our own diets and becoming a normal part of natures weather cycle?  

Hopefully scientists are working around the clock discovering naturally occuring radioactive solvents, or microbes that can digest toxins perhaps or even creating functioning nanobot fungi or sponges to aid the clean up.  But this sounds like science fiction as again time is against us.  Cavemen no doubt observed, play with fire, youre gonna get burned.

#14    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think history has already heralded our course, starvation, disease, homelessness, war and murders are inevitable.
We already see super resistant antibodies on the rise, our bee's are dying off in massive numbers, war is ever on the horizon and we are mostly connected to a central grid for health, wealth and utilities.
This makes for a super fragile system that could collapse at any time and how many of us are prepared for that.
We cant even light a fire these days if the power goes off or rely on help if an earthquake shatters our comfort zones...
One power outage should be enough to demonstrate our need and reliance on a central distribution grid...is that what we really want?
If not, why do we permit it to be the only way of life for us?

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#15    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 03 March 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

LOL I assumed you meant Neutron Star. I even googled Mutton Star. I was like.. "Hmmm. Could there actually be something I don't know about?" lol j/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users