Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Death Experience Would You Choose?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

A friend of mine spent the last couple of weeks with a friend who was at the end of his life, and old rancher/cowboy. She said she saw two sets of horse's hooves when he crossed over, one horse ridden by his spouse who'd died 15 years ago, the other for the cowboy. I thought, what a great way to go. Then I started thinking about what I would like to happen when I die.

I would like to see those people who've hurt me the most, who caused me harm, and reconcile with them, so that I could once again love them fully and unreservedly. I've been carrying around some of that pain for a long time, the pain of no longer being able to love fully and completely because it wasn't safe to do so. And that really sucks; it feels like something important was taken away from me that I'd like to have back..

I'm wondering how other people feel or what they think about their own end time. What one or two things, putting aside the religious, would you like to happen?

#2    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,459 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

One word.....

Peacefull.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

I like peaceful too. But I liked how it happened in  "phenomenon ". He was awake but not in pain. If it really is the end, I want to follow it all the way down.

I have heard that when people die this way with their eyes open and awake, that the last few seconds they express the most amazing calmness and reassure everyone that its ok.

If there is no life after death, I want to see what this is all about.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,789 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

I hope I can have family close and I can relate what I'm experiencing to them. I hope there is little or no pain but I almost look forward to the transition.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,377 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

I want Captain Crunch, because you and the Captain can make it happen.I do not have to worry about the roof of my mouth getting cut up when I am dead.

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,229 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

What's that old saying? To be dead and in heaven ten minutes before the Devil knows you're dead.
In my sleep for that matter, go to bed and wake up before the Judge of Judges.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#7    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

An end worthy of rememberance. In love or war.

And if the circumstances arise: Zombies, far as the eye can see.

Edited by DecoNoir, 04 March 2014 - 08:07 AM.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,390 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

If I had a choice and was asked? Regeneration, just like Dr Who.

I'd love to see my father again, but I don't expect to. I consider our last days as my gift of his passing.

Edited by psyche101, 04 March 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

I really can't go beyond the obvious - painless, with friends and family sharing their love as I move on.  To be honest, I find it easier to describe the death experience I would LEAST like to choose.  It's not the most painful I can think of, but it's horrible nonetheless :devil:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#10    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,352 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Like my grandad, preferably.  90 years old, pedaling his bike to the shops, heart attack, all over in seconds.  Kid you not!

While I love my family with all my heart, I don't want them around when it happens..

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#11    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

I've seen plenty of death of late.. And seen enough to know that I like what Gandalf the Grey has to say about it..

"The Journey doesn't end.. Death is just another path, and one we must all take.. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it....... White shores........... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

J.R.R Tolkien.

#12    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

When my old mum died I sat around the bed with family, she would exhale, then stop breathing... the family would wait and begin to stand up...then she would inhale and everyone sat back down again...This happened repeatedly  for about 45min...Im sure she was having a good old laugh..God bless her;
Myself I want to go quickly..preferably on my own..

#13    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 04 March 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

I've seen plenty of death of late.. And seen enough to know that I like what Gandalf the Grey has to say about it..

"The Journey doesn't end.. Death is just another path, and one we must all take.. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it....... White shores........... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

J.R.R Tolkien.
I agree, that's one of the my favourite scenes from the film (never been a fan of LOTR books, but I loved the Hobbit book, but hated the film, so go figure).  Always my heart tries to pull its way up to my throat when I see this clip:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#14    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Postjules99, on 04 March 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

When my old mum died I sat around the bed with family, she would exhale, then stop breathing... the family would wait and begin to stand up...then she would inhale and everyone sat back down again...
That's what we did with my mum-in-law. We took turns to sit with her but we were all there when she finally passed. It took her almost a week to die and it was very distressing to watch knowing there was nothing we could do to stop it.

I hope I never have to witness that again. When my turn comes I would rather go in my sleep.

Posted Image

#15    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

This is a deathbed scenario, yes? I would like to see the "Lord" again, my mom, Sweetheart(s), just to name a few, and light showers with rainbow in the sky, just like the last time, while looking through the window of my cozy sacred home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users