Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Teacher Tapes Kids Mouths Shut

teacher cruelty

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,392 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

'A teacher has been suspended following claims that tape was put over the mouths of several pupils.
Parents have told the BBC that a teacher at Danesfield School in Williton, Somerset, said the pupils were being too noisy.'

'"When the Sellotape started to come off she put more on. She got them to keep it on for the whole lesson."'
Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...merset-26431417

Perfectly understandable, in my opinion.

#2    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostEldorado, on 04 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

'A teacher has been suspended following claims that tape was put over the mouths of several pupils.
Parents have told the BBC that a teacher at Danesfield School in Williton, Somerset, said the pupils were being too noisy.'

'"When the Sellotape started to come off she put more on. She got them to keep it on for the whole lesson."'
Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...merset-26431417

Perfectly understandable, in my opinion.

It is understandable yes. Its about time teachers started standing up against the growing number of younger children unable to respect and listen to them. Maybe it would open some parents eyes about their kids behaviour.Sadly that is most likely not the way this will end.

#3    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,512 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

That is just what duct tape was made for...

#4    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Good! If the kids there are anything like the ones here, they are loud disrespectful brats & deserved it.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#5    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostTaun, on 04 March 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

That is just what duct tape was made for...
I unliked this comment, just so I could like it again.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,337 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

While not condoning the method used, my sympathies lie with the teacher. Many parents are more preoccupied with earning enough to buy little Johnny/Jenny the latest iPad/iPhone, than ensuring their child grows up a well-rounded individual.

Edited by Leonardo, 04 March 2014 - 02:57 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

A bit of tape over their mouths!!! How old are the mothers of these kids, do they not remember the CANE? Tape is nothing in comparison,  the kids today are far too soft.
I remember having the chalk board rubber thrown at my head by my geography teacher, it missed.......my mum complained....because it missed!

Edited by freetoroam, 04 March 2014 - 03:07 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,374 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

I had a teacher that would repeatively say "Stop...Look...Listen...Learn" then we would fall in line.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#9    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,512 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

If I ever got in trouble at school (my fault or not) I was REALLY in trouble at home...

#10    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Tomorrow a teacher in tottenham ties up several pupils, so they cannot text on mobile's and play on psp's

Posted Image

#11    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

In my seventh/eighth grade classes, it's not unusual to hear R-rated language from the students.  One girl referred to another student as a ******** right in my presence.  I reprimand them, and can even punish them, but it doesn't change their behavior.  They just laugh about it when they think I'm not listening.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#12    SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

• !! NO SPECIES LASTS FOREVER !!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I never liked my school life. There was a professor who is also the chairman of that school use to beat even adults. Because of him,i entirely hated that school.Now My sis is working as a teacher in an International school where beating Kids is like a crime. I should have studied in a school like that.My life got ruined.

Edited by SameerPrehistorica, 04 March 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

#13    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,038 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I must be getting soft in my old age but I think what that teacher did was wrong. It was bad enough in the days when I was in school, the boys would get the cane or slipper across the palm of their hands or backsides. I would think in this day and age taping the mouths up of kids to keep them quiet is a bit much. It might not sound too big a deal but I thought we were supposed to be living in modern times and past this kind of thing.

The article doesn't even say that the kids were being rude or mouthy, it just says the pupils were being too noisy. Teachers are supposed to set a good example, what kind of example is that? I'm not surprised the parents aren't happy about it.

Posted Image

#14    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

If some teacher put tape over my daughter's mouth, I'd have a huge problem with that.

They have to be able to command respect without resorting to physical means....doesn't mean it's right and these kids don't need discipline, but that's not a teacher's place to put their hands on kids in any way.

If this teacher was really having enough of a problem that she felt she had to tape their mouths shut she could of went to the principal and asked for help.

I agree with Still Waters, it just sets a terrible example for kids.  "I can't talk to you, so I'll just make you be quiet physically."

#15    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Nothing like a rude, noisy student sent to the principal's office and when the student comes home, their parents have a "long talk" on his or her misconduct in the classroom. Used to be parents stood with teachers when their child is out-of-line, today parents get angry at the teachers and defend their children. Discipline is a required reaction in the classroom, though I oppose the thought of my kids have their mouths shut by duct tape. If my oldest kid's teacher in 1st grade calls me or my wife regarding his behavior, that's fine...I'm gonna take care of him. If he gets detention, suspension or grounding, he's gonna have to learn from his actions.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users