Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Houston “Chupacabra” Sightings Could Be Real

chupacabra exotic animal houston animal control interbreeding

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,562 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Are fantasy fans attempting to breed their own real-life mythical animals?

A recent sighting of the mythical chupacabra could be the result of exotic animal owners interbreeding their pets, according to a Houston animal control expert.

http://disinfo.com/2...ly-bred-animal/

http://www.chron.com...eal-5201065.php

Posted Image

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

I've seen clips on the boob tube about the sick looking, mangey dogs being caught on film...

What I want to know is...how did the Chupacabra go from a semi reptilian goat sucking thing on two legs to a mangey mut dog?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    PM3K

PM3K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• No gimmicks allowed

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Waiting for some loonie to go and say they saw it sucking the blood of some other animal, then all the cryptid weirdos would have a field day...

pseudoscience is useless

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

So, what, people are breeding dogs, shaving them, and then starving them to the death?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Texan Chupacabra. Proof!

Edited by DumpsterJesus, 04 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#6    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 04 March 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

A recent sighting of the mythical chupacabra could be the result of exotic animal owners interbreeding their pets, according to a Houston animal control expert.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#7    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 04 March 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Um Houston? Really in Houston? Chupacubra um ok going I am just going to be laughing a bit. Might even go to Houston to see if I could see the creature. When you get your information from a source know as disinformation then you know it's going to be bad. In Houston chronicles,  they said they were inbreeding the dogs that proves channel view area in my opinion.

Edited by Ryinrea, 04 March 2014 - 05:39 PM.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#8    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

If you can't chew nor swallow big bites like snakes, you suck. As in, you suck your food. I'd imagine one-toothed animals, or animals made to be one-toothed, would do this.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#9    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

This is just looney tune.

#10    Hectosaucer

Hectosaucer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

I still believe the Chupacabra did exist, perhaps of alien origin. Not some animal with a bad case of mange.

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 04 March 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Um Houston? Really in Houston? Chupacubra um ok going I am just going to be laughing a bit. Might even go to Houston to see if I could see the creature. When you get your information from a source know as disinformation then you know it's going to be bad. In Houston chronicles,  they said they were inbreeding the dogs that proves channel view area in my opinion.

It must be true!  http://www.unexplain...howtopic=262855

#12    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,990 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

The Chupacabra, from what I remember, was never described as looking like any known animal. It was a small creature walking on two legs, with scales possibly (reptile?) and glowing red eyes.  Those are just sick dogs in those videos, or hybrids or whatever. They're not the Chupacabra described by witnesses years ago. I wonder if this was intentionally done to get people off the real creature? Maybe it was a lab experiment gone wrong in Puerto Rico, which I've heard was the original reported sightings. I'm not saying it's without a doubt real, but I don't discount the possibility either.  I mean, here I am, someone who suffers from sleep paralysisi, and have actually seen creatures on top of me. Science tells me it's a trick of the brain, perhaps dreaming, but my own instincts tell me otherwise. I'm just saying, people can easily dismiss it, because it doesn't happen to them. , but it is very real to those who experience these strange encounters.

#13    mystery fan

mystery fan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

The stories about the "Chupacabra" are interesting but not grounded in reality.  People see something, misidentify it, and hear reports of similar creatures then suddenly remember their sighting being the same.  The test of these myths would be to find the actual creature, which always seems to be beyond reach of believers.  It's okay to believe in the Chupacabra, just as it is to believe in the Easter Bunny.  Find the thing, then it's game on.....

#14    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

It has been very interesting to witness the evolution of the "mythical" lizard like "Chupacabra", into the commonly observed, killed, filmed, and DNA tested, (yet somehow still) "mythical" mangy canine "Chupacabra".   

#15    eaglesareskykittens

eaglesareskykittens

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• People say you can't live without love....
    ....I think Oxygen is more important.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostDumpsterJesus, on 04 March 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Texan Chupacabra. Proof!

You do know that they

View PostMikko-kun, on 04 March 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

If you can't chew nor swallow big bites like snakes, you suck. As in, you suck your food. I'd imagine one-toothed animals, or animals made to be one-toothed, would do this.
  Don't forget the creatures that have proboscis and inject acid like fluid into their prey that turns their insides into goo which they suck out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users