Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

Iran Hasn't attacked anyone in 200 years


  • Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,763 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

http://www.reuters.c...N0M22BF20140305

When the next Gaza conflict arises maybe Israel should aim at where the missiles originated?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 6,151 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ummm... so what was the whole Iran/Iraq war of the 80's 90's about then?...


#3    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

    Fat and complacent

  • Member
  • 25,895 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanybwlch

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

So why does it say  
Dozens of advanced Iranian-supplied rockets made in Syria
? And
Nic Jenzen-Jones, an Australia-based military arms specialist and director of Armament Research Services, said most reports indicated the Syrian-produced rockets had a 90 to 100 Km range.

? Surely they couldn't be trying to blame Iran, could they?  Not to mention that Lt. Col. Lerner seems to be getting his miles and kilometres confused:  

""The M302 in its most advanced model can strike over 100 miles, and if they would have reached Gaza, ultimately that would have meant millions of Israelis under threat," he said.
100 km is about 60 miles, that's a considerable difference.

And I heart this: "Military footage showed the Israeli navy chief, Admiral Ram Rothberg, inspecting a rocket on the floor of a ship hold, with cement bags labeled "Made in Iran" in English next to it." By jiminy, that's convenient, isn't it.

View PostTaun, on 05 March 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Ummm... so what was the whole Iran/Iraq war of the 80's 90's about then?...
that was started by Saddam trying to take advantage of the confusion after the Revolution in Iran.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#4    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 6,151 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 05 March 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

So why does it say  
Dozens of advanced Iranian-supplied rockets made in Syria
? And
Nic Jenzen-Jones, an Australia-based military arms specialist and director of Armament Research Services, said most reports indicated the Syrian-produced rockets had a 90 to 100 Km range.

? Surely they couldn't be trying to blame Iran, could they?  Not to mention that Lt. Col. Lerner seems to be getting his miles and kilometres confused:  

""The M302 in its most advanced model can strike over 100 miles, and if they would have reached Gaza, ultimately that would have meant millions of Israelis under threat," he said.
100 km is about 60 miles, that's a considerable difference.

And I heart this: "Military footage showed the Israeli navy chief, Admiral Ram Rothberg, inspecting a rocket on the floor of a ship hold, with cement bags labeled "Made in Iran" in English next to it." By jiminy, that's convenient, isn't it.


that was started by Saddam trying to take advantage of the confusion after the Revolution in Iran.

Picky picky... You  had to go and throw research and intelligence at one of my posts didn't you....  :P ...

Just kidding, I forgot that Saddam actually started that war...


#5    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,763 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 05 March 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

So why does it say  
Dozens of advanced Iranian-supplied rockets made in Syria
? And
Nic Jenzen-Jones, an Australia-based military arms specialist and director of Armament Research Services, said most reports indicated the Syrian-produced rockets had a 90 to 100 Km range.

? Surely they couldn't be trying to blame Iran, could they?  Not to mention that Lt. Col. Lerner seems to be getting his miles and kilometres confused:  

""The M302 in its most advanced model can strike over 100 miles, and if they would have reached Gaza, ultimately that would have meant millions of Israelis under threat," he said.
100 km is about 60 miles, that's a considerable difference.

And I heart this: "Military footage showed the Israeli navy chief, Admiral Ram Rothberg, inspecting a rocket on the floor of a ship hold, with cement bags labeled "Made in Iran" in English next to it." By jiminy, that's convenient, isn't it.


that was started by Saddam trying to take advantage of the confusion after the Revolution in Iran.
Perhaps because English is basically an international, common language?  And the weapons were loaded in Bandar Abbas.  You could be correct though.  With Israel bombing every convoy that tries to move across the Syrian border toward Lebanon they may be trying some misdirection here.  Remember the friendly little meeting a few years ago where A'jad, Nasrallah and Assad were so chummy?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 36,198 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Quite true, quite true... they let others do the dirty work... (i.e. Hezbollah)

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,291 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

So, and then, your problem with Iran is that they're smart?

Edited by Leonardo, 05 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 36,198 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 05 March 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

So, and then, your problem with Iran is that they're smart?

I don't have a problem with the fact that they have not started a war with anybody for quite a while... just that this historic factoid is used to "prove" their peaceful intentions.

We know better when it comes to ME tensions (in fact there is nothing they don't have their fingers in).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,763 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 March 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with the fact that they have not started a war with anybody for quite a while... just that this historic factoid is used to "prove" their peaceful intentions.

We know better when it comes to ME tensions (in fact there is nothing they don't have their fingers in).
Could not have said it better myself.  While they may not be the nexus of all evil in the world as some claim, they certainly are trouble enough.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,291 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 March 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with the fact that they have not started a war with anybody for quite a while... just that this historic factoid is used to "prove" their peaceful intentions.

We know better when it comes to ME tensions (in fact there is nothing they don't have their fingers in).

Like every other nation in the region. Iran is no better, and no worse, than many others.

The "factoid" about them not starting a war for 200 years, but are engaging in conflict by proxy, simply suggests they are smarter than most. If the purpose of the OP, in relating this "haven't started a war for 200 years" was to refute a perception that Iran was peaceful, then the argument put forth in the OP is a strawman - because who has argued Iran is peaceful, or any more peaceful than other nations?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#11    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,763 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 05 March 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Like every other nation in the region. Iran is no better, and no worse, than many others.

The "factoid" about them not starting a war for 200 years, but are engaging in conflict by proxy, simply suggests they are smarter than most. If the purpose of the OP, in relating this "haven't started a war for 200 years" was to refute a perception that Iran was peaceful, then the argument put forth in the OP is a strawman - because who has argued Iran is peaceful, or any more peaceful than other nations?
It is REGULARLY trotted out here.  Usually when the discussion is about their nuclear program.  The logic usually being - poor Iran, they've done NOTHING to cause so much mistrust.  It's that bad old US/Zionist warmongering that's the problem.  Well shipping arms to terrorists sort of puts the lie to that doesn't it?  At least for an unbiased, rational person.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 36,198 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

View Postand then, on 05 March 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

It is REGULARLY trotted out here.  Usually when the discussion is about their nuclear program.  The logic usually being - poor Iran, they've done NOTHING to cause so much mistrust.  It's that bad old US/Zionist warmongering that's the problem.  Well shipping arms to terrorists sort of puts the lie to that doesn't it?  At least for an unbiased, rational person.

Wherein, so far we only have the "very little biased" statements of the IDF... who are not to be trusted either.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,763 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 March 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

Wherein, so far we only have the "very little biased" statements of the IDF... who are not to be trusted either.
That may be so but it has nothing to do with the question you asked initially.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#14    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,291 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

View Postand then, on 05 March 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

It is REGULARLY trotted out here.  Usually when the discussion is about their nuclear program.  The logic usually being - poor Iran, they've done NOTHING to cause so much mistrust.  It's that bad old US/Zionist warmongering that's the problem.  Well shipping arms to terrorists sort of puts the lie to that doesn't it?  At least for an unbiased, rational person.

Iran's complicity in international intrigues has little to nothing to do with their nuclear program. The two are quite separate issues.

And if you wish to point to Iran's supplying of arms to organisations such as Hezbollah, I would ask you where are Hezbollah's WMD's then? If Iran isn't supplying them chemical weapons, then why assume Iran would supply them nuclear ones?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,855 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

View Postand then, on 05 March 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

But they sure make it easy for others to do for them
We arm our terrorist thugs; why can't they arm their terrorist thugs?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users