Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

You tell me....

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

After snapping this photo,

Posted Image

I heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was
usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor, just seconds later I took
this second photo.  

Posted Image

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT OF THE
MOON,  UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...

Posted Image

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?  

Posted Image

Upon the Circuits of My Creator

shall I return to the Garden of Lights

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,539 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

A fly/or flying bug

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,061 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Bird or Bat.

Wait for Chrlz to chime in, he will be able to narrow it down.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,167 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Bird of prey?

#5    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

well.. lets start with the first pic..

that is the moon during the day time..

the moon phase for that date of the pic was waning gibbous .. and funny enough.. what does a waning gibbous moon look like..

Posted Image

pic no 2..

cloud cover is all that is.. though technically you are correct in saying it was water vapor.. but its cloud..

and no 3

yes.. as seeder has already said.. its a bug..

View Post029b10, on 06 March 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

After snapping this photo,

Posted Image

I heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was
usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor, just seconds later I took
this second photo.  

Posted Image

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT OF THE
MOON,  UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...

Posted Image

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?  

#6    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Bird...

#7    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Superman.

I pretend I don't care, But deep deep down.......
I still really don't care.

#8    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,085 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

No, *you* tell us...

How about some information - what type of camera/phone was this?  Where and when (time and verify the date, please)?  Is that the full resolution image taken directly off the device?  If so, why has it been stripped of exif data?

Anyways, neither image is very sharp and they don't have sufficient resolution to identify the object in the second.  The light object is obviously the Moon, in the first photo it is over-exposed and looks a little sharper than in the second, perhaps due to what appear to be high thin clouds, and the 'thing' seems to be a little sharper, but again, that's probably the clouds fuzzing out the moon (apologies for such technical jargon ;)).  Trouble is, at that resolution and with such awful over-sharpening (that's why the thing has that 'halo' around it - it is the camera boosting contrast).. it's really hard to make head nor tail out of it.  My best guess is an insect about a foot or so away from the camera, but it could equally be a bird/bat/black frisbee.....

I'd also have to ask why you waited two one and a half years to bring this up, and what on earth are you talking about when you say you "heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor".  Why didn't you describe the sound?  What is it that you say is "usually followed" by the cloud of vapour?  Is that some vague reference to jet contrails causing cirrus clouds?

Here's what the thing (and the moon) look like PROPERLY enlarged:
Attached File  sany0076_crop.jpg   13.57K   39 downloads

Eeeurgh.  You can see that the quality of the image has been completely compromised by jpeg artefacting, which has caused the rather ridiculous pattern of corrupted pixels surrounding the object.  Enlarging such a poor quality and highly compressed image is a complete waste of time.

PS - I just took a look at the blog from whence this came, and I think I may regret putting any time into this one... :D

Edited - changed 'two' to 'one and a half' after realising it was probably one of them silly USA dates with the month first..

Edited by ChrLzs, 06 March 2014 - 10:56 AM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#9    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

A seagull doing do do's maybe???
Nah, lets go all out here's, its one of them darn UFO's....heh

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#10    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,814 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

I heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor, just seconds later I took this second photo.  

You can use the wording "electro-fog" here. Means a lot but explains nothing.   :yes: :lol:

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT
OF THE MOON,  UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL  EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...ANY SUGGESTIONS ?  

To progress the analysis we can exclude the following fact by a high likelihood: the object is not a by extraterrestrial intelligent
beings  developed, produced and operated interstellar spacecraft, having life support systems, able to operate in various kinds
of atmospheres and with various levels of gravitation, having engine systems those allow to manage a trip over a distance of light
years and back, cruising in the earths atmosphere.

Edited by toast, 06 March 2014 - 11:10 AM.

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"Don't kill the golden goose." - Malcolm McLaren -
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Good drivers do have smashed insects on the side windows" - Walter Röhrl -

#11    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostChrLzs, on 06 March 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

No, *you* tell us...

How about some information - what type of camera/phone was this?  Where and when (time and verify the date, please)?  Is that the full resolution image taken directly off the device?  If so, why has it been stripped of exif data?

It was taken on a Sanyo X1200.   They were both take  around 7:30 am, just a matter of a few seconds apart from each other on October, 4, 2012.
No sure if this is the exif data you wanted to know but  the exp rate was 1/825 sec [1600 x 1200] [f/5.9][ISO-576][Exp bias 0 step]

The picture of the moon in the morning sky was just a side though, to be perfectly candid, my presumption has always been that it has been altered.

I was taking pictures of my property in regards to some dumping that was occurring by a neighbor on the vacant lot I had purchased several months earlier and sat adjacent to my residence.  In particular, the imaginary easement the city was asserting on the back 20 foot of my property that was allowing access to that area and the neighbor's insistence that he had permission from the City.  While I downloaded the pictures on my computer, I didn't actually go in to resize them until days later.   Say what you will, the dang thing kinda looks like it could be a UFO yet I have always considered it to be the result of  someone hacking into my computer and altering the photo.  

Trouble is, at that resolution and with such awful over-sharpening (that's why the thing has that 'halo' around it - it is the camera boosting contrast).. it's really hard to make head nor tail out of it.  My best guess is an insect about a foot or so away from the camera, but it could equally be a bird/bat/black frisbee.....

I'd also have to ask why you waited two years to bring this up, and what on earth are you talking about when you say you "heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor".  Why didn't you describe the sound?  What is it that you say is "usually followed" by the cloud of vapour?  Is that some vague reference to jet contrails causing cirrus clouds?

If the object is merely a foot or so away, why is it behind the clouds?  As far as the sound, can't really describe it.  However, the vapor in the photo was that which was raising from the ground, being the reason  I took the second picture.  Since this area in is the region of the Barnett-Shale, although they are prohibited from drilling this area I wondered too if it was just a natural vent from the pressure of the fracking 10 to 15 miles away.

Here's what the thing (and the moon) look like PROPERLY enlarged:
Attachment sany0076_crop.jpg

Eeeurgh.  You can see that the quality of the image has been completely compromised by jpeg artefacting, which has caused the rather ridiculous pattern of corrupted pixels surrounding the object.  Enlarging such a poor quality and highly compressed image is a complete waste of time.

Posted Image

Edited by 029b10, 06 March 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#12    JVG

JVG

Psychic Spy

• 1,481 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Klingons when coming out of cloaking!!

#13    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,117 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostJVG, on 06 March 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Klingons when coming out of cloaking!!

I think you've nailed it!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#14    JVG

JVG

Psychic Spy

• 1,481 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 March 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I think you've nailed it!

It's the logical answer!!

#15    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

View Posttoast, on 06 March 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

[/size][/font][/size]
You can use the wording "electro-fog" here. Means a lot but explains nothing.   :yes: :lol:
[/size]
To progress the analysis we can exclude the following fact by a high likelihood: the object is not a by extraterrestrial intelligent
beings  developed, produced and operated interstellar spacecraft, having life support systems, able to operate in various kinds
of atmospheres and with various levels of gravitation, having engine systems those allow to manage a trip over a distance of light
years and back, cruising in the earths atmosphere.

Looks like a Lightbender III to me, but you're right those have been obsolete for a millennium.  After all, to actually believe that an object can become invisible by bending the light around itself is pure science fiction...What next, the white is the heat being reflected off the it heat shield as it enters the atmosphere

Edited by 029b10, 06 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users