Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO filmed over Vancouver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,164 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ah you know all we ever se in UFO vids is blobs or glowing blobs, Im getting ever more disillusioned with the subject  :no:

Triple-camera imaging platform documents stunning UFO over Vancouver

A new video published to YouTube on March 1, 2014, documents a stunning UFO incident recorded by one local astronomer’s triple-camera array from the deck of a Yaletown apartment in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Former skeptic now leading local UFO videographer Charles Lamoureux custom-engineered what he calls his “Skywatchers Mobile Unit” (SMU) imaging platform while anticipating nights with clear skies filled with mysterious objects.

According to the witness, the UFO shown pulsating in the video during its initially slow-moving descent over West Vancouver’s Cypress Mountain was not anticipated by online satellite tracking applications, including Heavens-Above. The incident reportedly occurred at 8:44 p.m. PST on the night of Friday, February 28, 2014.

http://www.examiner....-over-vancouver

Funnily enough, looking on his channel he caught this one a year ago

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• The trouble is you think you have time.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

That was cool.But it seemed to be getting closer as he filmed it...at one point i was thinking; is this thing going to come right to him?Really good video.Wonder what it was?

Tempus Edax Rerum

#3    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Most strange,I wouldn't like to say what that is.It does seem to be slowly descending.It would be interesting to know how he knows its not a flare.I'm a bit puzzled at the fact he says its turning,when it doesn't seem to in my eyes.

#4    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postseeder, on 06 March 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Funnily enough, looking on his channel he caught this one a year ago

Yeah it does seem convenient that the video cuts away to a different part when the light in question gets closer. My guess is the poster really enjoyed the results of his older video & decided to reproduce it in a different location.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#5    ufoscan

ufoscan

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Some years ago, when I watched the night sky on a regular basis, I use to see some of those lights.  At first, they look like satellites, but then they do things that a satellite could not do, like change directions, backtrack or stop and stay stationary for several seconds.  I have no idea what they are, but they are intriguing to watch.

In this case, I think it's well worth reading the accompanying article before commenting.  The guy uses an array of cameras that have different characteristics.  That's why the quality and viewpoint switches all throughout the clip.

Even though it's still difficult to figure out what this could be, this guy is on the right track with a camera array instead of a single one to try and record these events.

Special effects wizard Douglas Trumbull (2001, CE3K, Blade Runner, etc) has also created his own array to do something similar.  But he had a budget of a few million dollars to do so.  Therefore, his array is a bit more sophisticated...

http://douglastrumbull.com/videos

However, to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't succeeded in catching anything conclusive yet.  Maybe he should take his rig to Vancouver ?

#6    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Actually seeder in the first video there are two years. One sighting in 2011 ( you can see the date yelow in colour) and another one in red in 2014.
The video is inconclusive. Might have been easier a helicopter with searching lights on....

Edited by qxcontinuum, 07 March 2014 - 05:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users