Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Cosmos: A personal Voyage

carl sagan neil degrasse tyson. cosmos nat geo tv

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Revisit the origins of the incredible COSMOS journey. Nearly 34 years after it originally aired on television, National Geographic Channel will rebroadcast all 13 episodes of Carl Sagan’s ground-breaking series COSMOS: A Personal Voyage in a special two-day marathon of stars, science and intergalactic learning.

The two-day event, airing Saturday, March 8, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, March 9, from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Concluding in time for the world premiere of Neil Degrasse Tysons COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey on Sunday at 9pm

http://tvblogs.natio...o-day-marathon/ :gun:

#2    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,042 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Old news - I own the full set of DVD's.. :D :D

No actually this is great - I really hope everyone who hasn't seen it DOES.  It's a pity they haven't spread it out a bit, many won't be able to sit through all that (- get the PVR's ready!)  This is the best documentary series of this type ever produced, and how can you not love that voice of Sagan's!?  He is sadly missed.

Can't wait to watch the new one by NDT.  He has big boots to step into...

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#3    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Big boots indeed. Sagan will always be the king, but I think Tyson is perfect for this

#4    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

“‘Cosmos’ is more than Carl Sagan ...If I tried to fill his shoes I would just fail. But I can fill my own shoes really well.” ~ Tyson

Read more: http://www.smithsoni...ly62SIDXHRzW.99

#5    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,188 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

The new series, one episode in, is breathtakingly beautiful. It mixes real images with the best CGI i have seen i awhile.  How wonderful that his wife waited for the right funding, the right host and the right producers/directors to make this bigger and better than the original.  So far, color me impressed.  I have to get my 8 year old through the first twenty minutes, since he knows all that but then Cosmos takes over and connects it to us!  Brilliant and beautiful in a way only this series does. I am in love all over again. .

Edited by Merc14, 10 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#6    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,819 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Good on Seth McFarlane hey! Who would have thunk it! On of the funniest men in television bringing us real knowledge at the same time. It's a bit like Jerry Lewis sponsoring Julius Sumner Miller.

Well done Seth and Niel. I'll be looking out for this one. Part one has Aired I see.

Edited by psyche101, 10 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users