Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Malaysian airliner Terrorist attack gone awry

terrorism malaysian airliner attack plane crash

• Please log in to reply
3010 replies to this topic

#16    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

View Postsimplybill, on 08 March 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Einsteinium - as an airline employee, "terrorist attack" was indeed my first concern when hearing the plane had disappeared over water. And yes, there is definitely an ongoing "conspiracy" by the jihadists to take down an airliner. Those of us in the airline industry live with that reality every day we go to work. Your speculations are absolutely legitimate.
taking down a plane from an Islamic country? Why would it have to be Jihadists, except that they're a handy scapegoat for everything, and provide a handy justification for any war we could want?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#17    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 08 March 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

The reason the Air France crash happened was a failure in the pitot heat system. That was a known problem for that particular aircraft type. The 777 is one of the safest aircraft in the airline industry. Pitot freezing over should not have happened (and they have multiple pitot tubes too). So the reason it crashed should not be the same as Air France 447.
And the engines in a BA one both ran out of fuel simultaneously when it was fortunately just within reach of the runway at Heathrow one time. Things can go wrong, without towelheaded nutjobs having to be invoked every time.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#18    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 08 March 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

taking down a plane from an Islamic country? Why would it have to be Jihadists, except that they're a handy scapegoat for everything, and provide a handy justification for any war we could want?

And the true conspiracy theorist reveals himself ;)

#19    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

disregard

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb, 08 March 2014 - 08:39 PM.

- Philip K. Dick.

#20    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

-Buddha

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

And the engines in a BA one both ran out of fuel simultaneously when it was fortunately just within reach of the runway at Heathrow one time. Things can go wrong, without towelheaded nutjobs having to be invoked every time.

Sure, but this plane had a lot of fuel left in it, and it was a 777, one of the safest airplanes ever made with lots of redundant systems, including redundant fuel monitoring systems. Now, I am aware of murphy's law (whatever can go wrong will go wrong), but I think in this case it is unlikely. The thing that makes me think it could be terrorists (never mentioned Muslim extremists, you did) are the two fellows on board with stolen passports, both stolen from Thailand. Now, that in and of itself is highly suspicious. Add to that one of the safest planes ever made going down in the ocean at one of the safest points in its flight, and you have to start asking questions.

#21    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 08 March 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Sure, but this plane had a lot of fuel left in it, and it was a 777, one of the safest airplanes ever made with lots of redundant systems, including redundant fuel monitoring systems. Now, I am aware of murphy's law (whatever can go wrong will go wrong), but I think in this case it is unlikely. The thing that makes me think it could be terrorists (never mentioned Muslim extremists, you did) are the two fellows on board with stolen passports, both stolen from Thailand. Now, that in and of itself is highly suspicious. Add to that one of the safest planes ever made going down in the ocean at one of the safest points in its flight, and you have to start asking questions.
i wasn't the one who mentioned Muslim extremists first, someone else mentioned Jihadists, I asked a while back what motive any terrorists could have, and so far only Jihadists seem to have been offered as a theory.  If there was anything in this theory, then surely someone with a grudge against Malaysia, or perhaps possibly China, would be more likely. Since Malaysia is an Islamic country, would it be some kind of struggle between factions in Islam or something?

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb, 08 March 2014 - 08:48 PM.

- Philip K. Dick.

#22    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

-Buddha

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 08 March 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

i wasn't the one who mentioned Muslim extremists first, someone else mentioned Jihadists, I asked a while back what motive any terrorists could have, and so far only Jihadists seem to have been offered as a theory.

Well, statistically speaking, Jihadist's are the most likely 'group' of terrorists to do something like this.

Motive? Who knows, they like killing infidels and seek to bring about the return of their 'Mahdi' and also want their reward of 72 virgins in heaven or whatever. The more 'infidels' they kill the better in their eyes. Trying to understand the motive of a completely irrational group is very difficult.

Edited by Einsteinium, 08 March 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#23    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Statistically speaking, I expect various crypto-Communist organisations have probably been responsible for very many more. Anyway, we've decided what happened, we've got our culprits, and they're the usual suspects, so cased closed, then. If only everything was this simple, it appears.

- Philip K. Dick.

#24    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

omg are you trying to spread hatred ? terrorist?  its all way too soon for this kind of speculations ! shame on you .. mr einsteinium . i never prayed before in my life ! now i pray for those on that plane !
.. need to find the plane ! after that you can ask questions, make speculations , wether an terrorist attack or an alien abductions or whatever !  
for now ! lets pray ,

#25    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

-Buddha

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 08 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

omg are you trying to spread hatred ? terrorist?  its all way too soon for this kind of speculations ! shame on you .. mr einsteinium . i never prayed before in my life ! now i pray for those on that plane !
.. need to find the plane ! after that you can ask questions, make speculations , wether an terrorist attack or an alien abductions or whatever !  
for now ! lets pray ,

I am not trying to spread hatred. You can pray all you want, it is not going to change what happened. Only when we understand what happened, can we figure out ways to prevent a re-occurrence of the event. It could take years to find the plane. We should not wait years to start investigating what happened based on the evidence that we do have.

#26    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,853 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

IIRC, that one was because of the fuel filter clogging. It had been high altitude at very low temperatures and a combination of factors saw ice particles forming across the face of the fuel filter, preventing flow and thus starving the engines. Within minutes of being back on the ground the ice had melted and there was no indication of what went wrong. A change to the design of the face of the fuel filter now prevents a re-occurrence.

#27    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

-Buddha

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Statistically speaking, I expect various crypto-Communist organisations have probably been responsible for very many more. Anyway, we've decided what happened, we've got our culprits, and they're the usual suspects, so cased closed, then. If only everything was this simple, it appears.

Nobody has decided what happened, case has just been opened, we must investigate all possibilities. It could be pilot error, could be some type of catastrophic material failure, could be a terrorist attack, could be some freak weather phenomena. Who knows? But the fact is that two people on board that plane both were flying with stolen passports that were both stolen from Thailand. Now that is quite a coincidence don't you think? Don't you think that warrants investigation, don't you think that is highly suspicious? I think so. And I think that it is likely more than coincidence.

If I were a victims family, I would want to know what happened above all else. Nothing is worse than never finding out what happened, so hard to get closure when the incident remains a mystery.

#28    simplybill

simplybill

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 08 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

shame on you .. mr einsteinium . i never prayed before in my life ! now i pray for those on that plane !
for now ! lets pray ,

WhyDont - I'm the one who brought up the jihadists, so please direct your anger toward me. Einsteinium has a legitimate topic and legitimate concerns.
I'm an airline employee. I feel a "comradeship" with other airline employees. The first people to die on 9/11 were all the crewmembers on those four planes. Their throats were cut open with razor knives. There is no "conspiracy theory" here. Those guys want us dead.

Edited by simplybill, 08 March 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#29    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,853 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 08 March 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

I am not trying to spread hatred. You can pray all you want, it is not going to change what happened. Only when we understand what happened, can we figure out ways to prevent a re-occurrence of the event. It could take years to find the plane. We should not wait years to start investigating what happened based on the evidence that we do have.

Before we can make any determination of a cause - and therefore prevent it happening again - you need to have facts. Right now I can posit that it was a small meteor that struck the cockpit area causing a catastrophic breakup of the aircraft. That's as good as any other theory. Or that a problem with the cabin bleed air caused rapid onset hypoxia; one of the flight crew did start to recognise the problem but passed out before being able to go onto oxygen. In his attempt to get on oxygen he kicked off the autopilot and the aircraft stalled and went into a fatal dive. Again, no evidence to support that but nothing to dismiss it either. Or that one of the flight crew 'stole' the aircrew, with passengers, to be delivered to his master, an evil genius who needs the passengers for a devious experiment.

Making hypotheses without any facts to support them is just hot air.

#30    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

What coincides is that China has stepped up airport security and the US is investigating on the passports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users