Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Giant Salvinia control method discovered?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

I was looking at the local news and I had seen that our local University Stephen F. Austin may have stumbled onto a great discovery. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on it all. I personally think this is brilliant!

Giant Salvinia, the curse of East Texas lakes, is actually building a reputation for SFA's National Center for Pharmaceutical Crops.
"Yes, that true." said director Dr. Shiyou Li. The research team he leads has already discovered Salvinia compounds slow down lung and pancreatic cancer cells in humans. By accident, they discovered Salvinia can also kill itself.

http://www.ktre.com/...-giant-salvinia

#2    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,427 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

Wow...a Kool-Aid cult water plant.

#3    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

I've always noticed that if something became valuable then it tends to disappear. A plant that's considered a nuisance is suddenly in demand then people will be gathering it up and trying to cultivate it.

#4    Cherrypress

Cherrypress

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 09 March 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

I've always noticed that if something became valuable then it tends to disappear. A plant that's considered a nuisance is suddenly in demand then people will be gathering it up and trying to cultivate it.

When things tend to disappear, they become valuable. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users