Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Warning shots fired

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,209 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

KIEV/SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine (Reuters) - Shots were fired in Crimea to warn off an unarmed international team of monitors and at a Ukrainian observation plane, as the standoff between occupying Russian forces and besieged Ukrainian troops intensified.

Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea
The Russians don't seem to want us to know what's really going on.  They just want to take over Crimea.  I feel sorry for the Ukrainians and the Tartar's that were ran out of Crimea once by the Soviets.  If they are so concerned about the Russians living there why not let them move back to Russia instead of invading another country.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,238 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostAshotep, on 09 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

The Russians don't seem to want us to know what's really going on.  They just want to take over Crimea.  I feel sorry for the Ukrainians and the Tartar's that were ran out of Crimea once by the Soviets.  If they are so concerned about the Russians living there why not let them move back to Russia instead of invading another country.
I think I saw a figure that around 25% of Crimea's population are Tatars. They apparently REALLY don't care for the Russians and if Russia causes bloodshed among them I suspect that an insurgency will spring up there.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users