Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NED experience?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• S*** happens, again and again.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi fellow UM fans,

I have an experience to relate and hope to get some feedback from persons that have possibly had a similar experience.  I was involved in an accident as a pedestrian and am posting a link to the newspaper story. This is the only evidence I have that anything unusual may have happened to me. The article is here if you care to look at it.   http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/article_2ebdae54-ae8d-11e2-9aa0-001a4bcf6878.html

I was crossing a 4 lane highway and a car appeared from nowhere it seems to me. While I was hospitalized it took several months to get my thoughts and memories straight and here it is. I crossed the highway to almost 2 foot of being clear of the road and a lady in a Cadillac struck me. I was thrown up and into the ditch onto the edge of the road. This is where my story begins; at the moment of impact, I can remember myself arms spread wide as if diving in a pool. The next moment I was floating above the power lines looking down at the scene.

I saw myself lying there and was really perplexed as to what was happening. I was crumpled into a ball lying on my side, odd thing I noticed my shoes were gone. That really struck me as strange. Looking around I could see the surrounding businesses and buildings clearly. I also noticed I could see my arms faintly in front of me. I was totally at peace and calm not at all upset with the action below. I felt I was not alone either but I sensed no ominous or glorious presence just the feeling I was not alone here.

Suddenly I was back into my body the heaviness was obvious but still no pain. I vaguely remember flashing lights seen from behind my eyelids and hearing someone speaking to me, the officer I suppose. His attempt at communication was not understood by me at all. I laid there for an hour or so being stabilized and was flown 50 miles to a medical trauma center. I awoke after 6 weeks and learned from the Dr I had also died twice on the flight. I have no memories of that, probably the drugs or trauma blocks my memory.

I have recovered greatly though I have several medical issues I'm still dealing with. I have always clung to the protestant faith I grew up with but now I have questions. The issue i now face is I saw neither a heaven nor a hell no tunnels, just life going on below me. Was it all in my head, was it real? I guess I’ll never know till I die again. Lol    James

Mr. Crowley, what went down in your head
Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead?

#2    kystranger

kystranger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi James.  Welcome to Unexplained-Mysteries.  With my understanding you did have a near-death experience (NDE), or more specifically an out of body experience.  Not all of these experiences end with the person traveling to Heaven, meeting God or anything else like that.  The fact that you remember seeing your body below you, the feeling of peace, and not being alone are all hallmarks of an NDE.  I think (and again this is just based on my personal beliefs), that you were knocked out of your body by the accident (a literal near-death experience).  But you realized what was going on, and your soul rejoined your body - it wasn't your time so to speak.  I'm sure others on here will disagree with me, while others will agree.  Thank you for sharing your experience.

#3    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

im open to all communications. some will deny it ever happened and I expect that. thanks for your thoughts

#4    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,997 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Can I ask were you alone when you saw yourself lying on the ground in a ball? So did you see anyone next to your body?

#5    JVG

JVG

Poltergeist

• 2,371 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hi James, sorry I can't help you with NDE but welcome to UM and I'm glad to hear you are on the mend..

#6    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostKazahel, on 10 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Can I ask were you alone when you saw yourself lying on the ground in a ball? So did you see anyone next to your body?
I saw nothing but me in the grass and the road when I saw myself.

#7    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,997 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

View Postjamesjr191, on 10 March 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

I saw nothing but me in the grass and the road when I saw myself.

Ah, sounds peaceful. So what happened with your shoes anyway? Did you find them later?

Edited by Kazahel, 10 March 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#8    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostKazahel, on 10 March 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Ah, sounds peaceful. So what happened with your shoes anyway? Did you find them later?
they were knocked off, just like a lightning strike! I guess the sanitation crew got them.

#9    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I wouldn't be discouraged that you didn't get to meet Jesus during your NDE. Surely he knew that you were going to survive. I saw Jesus when I was nine years old. Rest assured, he is real.

#10    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,997 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

View Postjamesjr191, on 10 March 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

they were knocked off, just like a lightning strike! I guess the sanitation crew got them.

Ah ok. That's why I was asking to find out if it was something different by seeing no shoes. But I suppose you may of been aware of losing shoes(even for a split second)and it transferred into the scene anyway.

View Postjamesjr191, on 10 March 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

The issue i now face is I saw neither a heaven nor a hell no tunnels, just life going on below me. Was it all in my head, was it real? I guess I’ll never know till I die again. Lol    James

I think in the end it doesn't matter. If it was real and you were floating above it doesn't have to mean that's all there is. And if it can be explained as just something that was in your head that also doesn't have to mean that's all there is. What I'm getting at is if the science can explain NDE or OBE that shouldn't take away from peoples faith in some type of soul/afterlife.

Edited by Kazahel, 11 March 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#11    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,000 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 10 March 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

I wouldn't be discouraged that you didn't get to meet Jesus during your NDE. Surely he knew that you were going to survive. I saw Jesus when I was nine years old. Rest assured, he is real.

Is there a thread on this? I would love to hear more on what he told you etc...I love reading NDE's where people meet Jesus. :)

#12    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostLaurent, on 11 March 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Is there a thread on this? I would love to hear more on what he told you etc...I love reading NDE's where people meet Jesus. :)
There is a thread, but it's not a NDE. It was a vision, I was completely awake and He appeared before me as a spirit.

Here is the thread:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=239436

#13    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,000 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Thanks so much!

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

I'm glad you are recovering. I have had many OBEs but nothing trauma induced.  I would not be concerned with who or what you met during an NDE. Getting altered state occurrences  to stick in memory is always a problem. If there is a spiritual reality, the interface to the physical memory is full of issues especially under extreme trauma.  I suspect more happen during your time away. Maybe a hypnotist could help you with this.

Either way, I'm glad you are still with us. :)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    charmcph

charmcph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• Life is a gift .. use it wisely!

Time is wasted while young...Time is important while old!

Thoughts are contagious

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hi and welcome to UM

I loved your sharing of your NDE or OBE, which ever you choose.

I've had 3 experiences that could be one or the other.
1) where I drowned when I was 12 yrs old, I saw other things besides a very bright white light surround me and a hand and voice, grab me and say it's not your time. So no drugs was involved with this one, by anyone giving me anything. NDE ?

2) almost auto accident. I say that, because it was a slow motion picture experience, with all sound leaving, and watching everything in slow motion. Some how making it between two vehicles, and then sound coming back, and movement returning to regular. ? No drugs here.

3) A stroke, remember being in the ambulance, not really floating but something behind me holding me there and looking down on my body and the two men doing their thing. While looking down remember being so embarrassed, they had my shirt cut open and my body was exposed! I wanted to reach down and cover me up. Then the door opened and I felt myself return quickly to my body. NDE or OBE?
Drugs used here.

So I ask myself, does drugs have influence on the mind, or is the mind more complicated then what science knows? IMO the mind is a very powerful part of us.

anyway enjoyed
good health and happiness

~Char~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users