Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman Microwaves Her Cat

Eldorado

No jokes here from me, friends. :(

A woman here in the UK has just been jailed for 14 weeks for killing her cat by microwaving the poor thing after it ate her goldfish.

Breaking story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26563326

She should be sectioned for an indeterminate time in a secure mental health unit, surely!?!

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 6

:cry: Poor kitty.... 14 weeks is not nearly enough time to compensate for the suffering and pain of the poor thing. she deserves life in prison.. or better yet the same fate as her poor kitty. :no:
  • Like 4

:cry: Poor kitty.... 14 weeks is not nearly enough time to compensate for the suffering and pain of the poor thing. she deserves life in prison.. or better yet the same fate as her poor kitty. :no:

I'm inclined to agree with El. Any person who would do such a thing is so devoid of humanity - or sanity - that they need "looking after" for awhile to determine which is the case. Today a cat, tomorrow? It has been pretty well established that many serial killers started by torturing or killing animals early in their lives.

How awful for this poor cat.

• Like 3

If I ever catch someone doing something like this, I am prepared to spend the rest of my life in prison.

• Like 6

Oh no, this can't be true!

If that kitten is mine, I would have taken good care of it and give it lots of love :cry:

Animals are so innocent, most of the time if they did anything "bad", it's because they didn't know how to identify right from the wrong.

The cat saw the fish and thought that it is food, so it decides to eat it. The cat didn't know that the fish is supposed to be a pet.

They didn't do it on purpose, unlike humans, who did everything out of revenge.

And even if the cat has eaten the fish, what rights has the woman have to microwave the cat?

An eye for an eye doesn't bring the goldfish back, she should take this entire incident as a lesson and buy a new goldfish and keep her goldfish away from her cat in future.

And if she really dislike that cat so much, she could have give her cat to the animal sanctuary/shelter.

But instead she chose the revengeful method by microwaving her cat. *Sighs*

• Like 2

Poor little thing. She needs to be in jail for a long time and have a psych eval and NEVER be allowed pets again.

• Like 1

... or better yet the same fate as her poor kitty. :no:

Ahh, if only our justice system would allow poetic justice, maybe the crimerate would see lower statistics.

• Like 3

she deserves a hell of a lot longer then 14 freaking weeks, if she loved the stupid fish so much why the frick did she have a cat in the first place. Well if she is to big for the microwave, maybe she should go swim with the fishes for a while since she loves them so much.

• Like 2

When I first seen this I thought it was some old lady suffering from dementia or something but instead I find it was some 23 year old brat. What was ludicrous is how she admitted she caused "unnecessary" suffering. UNNECESSARY? Just what, in her small mind, constitutes "necessary"?

She did this because of a gold fish? Not to mention she shouldn't have even done it at all to begin with. From how I see this, this was not some one-time event, she had to have had some pre-existing problems that would compel her to do such a hideous thing.

How can anyone, with a reasonably sane mind, take an animal and shove it in a microwave and kill it? How? Is her grasp on reality and her control over herself that weak and her state of mind so unstable that she would even think to do that?

I have a kitty myself and I just cannot even fathom for one second doing something horrific like that to her. Not only does this woman need jail time but moreover she needs psychiatric help.

If it had been a child what would she have done? I shudder to think.

Edited to add: Apparently she did have a history of problems so if this is true, why was she allowed to have a pet at all? Nonetheless she was apparently stable enough though to live on her own so she therefore should be held accountable for the actions she chose.

If anything her family failed her just as much as the justice system if they knew what she was prone to do.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1