Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

FOX's "Cosmos" censored?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,676 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

FOX's educational series "Cosmos: a spacetime odyssey" hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson might have been censored in one known "bible belt" state's FOX affiliate: KOKH Oklahoma City. Was it deliberately censored or an accidental error stated by KOKH?  http://www.aol.com/a...?ncid=webmail15

I recalled reading a news report the first season of ABC comedy series "Modern Family" didn't air on ABC affiliate KTVX Salt Lake City, because the series had a gay couple with an adopted child. Utah is a notably Mormon-majority state where the influence of the LDS church is strong, except the state now legalized same-sex marriage...and so did Oklahoma not long ago.

Local affiliates of networks can decide to opt out of certain prime-time programming. A decade or so ago, CBS affiliate KIII Corpus Christi, Texas decided not to show the biography movie "Hitler: the Rise of Evil" and aired a local tolerance-themed documentary, because the station felt the movie might glorify Hitler and his actions.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#2    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,173 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

As so often, it's the comments that are the best.
"More liberal and left wing politically correct crap shoved onto the airwaves pushing the far left agenda so good for a station with the stones to push back with what their viewing constituency believes in!"

Yes, it's Obama's fault! :D

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

I hear they prefer this version:

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

"Goooooooooooooooood" and "Jesus-saurus Rex" FTW!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users