Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Against Ukraine War? Obama May Seize Your

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Declaring a "national emergency" over the planned referendum in Crimea to determine whether or not to join Russia, the US president asserts that asset seizure is possible for any US person "determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State":

(i) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly, any of the following:

(A) actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine;

(B) actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine; or

© misappropriation of state assets of Ukraine or of an economically significant entity in Ukraine;

The Executive Order is, as usual, so broadly written that it leaves nearly everything open to interpretation.

For example, what are "direct or indirect...actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine"? Could that be someone writing an article that takes issue with the US policy that the Crimea referendum is illegal and illegitimate? Could it be standing up in a public meeting and expressing the view that Ukraine would be better off with nationwide referenda to determine whether other regions should become autonomous or joined to neighboring countries? What if a Polish-American appears on a radio or television program suggesting that parts of Poland incorporated into Ukraine after WWII should be returned to Polish authority?

http://ronpaulinstit...our-assets.aspx

The president will probably not seize the assets of Americans in the scenarios above. But he says he can.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image

Oh well....the great crapstorm begins...

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

The vague wording in lesser laws like this is almost never questioned, while we struggle on the most clear legal language available in our own Constitution.

I think that Vitali Klitschko is a great boxer.   Am I safe?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

WTF - why does a state of national emergency have to be called over a bunch of people in another country LEGALLY VOTING on succession?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 14 March 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

WTF - why does a state of national emergency have to be called over a bunch of people in another country LEGALLY VOTING on succession?

An excuse to throw the Constitution in the waste basket?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#6    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

That's what happens when a corrupt GOV promises loan guarantees to money junkies on the backs of american taxpayers.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 14 March 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

An excuse to throw the Constitution in the waste basket?
From what I've seen said here, that Bill of Rights is a Bill of Right in the Bin for a while now.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#8    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,743 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

becase it may give ideas to people here.

Edited by aztek, 15 March 2014 - 02:49 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

That is what I was wondering. What is the Emergency? Maybe if Mexico or Canada was being invaded.....

This seems like a stronger, more aggressive attack against the American people then the weak sanctions are against the Russian government.

I think there needs to be a Federal Definition of "National Emergency".

http://www.whitehous...situation-ukrai

Edited by DieChecker, 18 March 2014 - 02:19 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,553 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

The Sanctions imposed on Russia is seven Russians have had their assets seized.  The Russians are calling Obama a joke.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

View Postdanielost, on 18 March 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

The Sanctions imposed on Russia is seven Russians have had their assets seized.  The Russians are calling Obama a joke.
seven Russians involved in the Crimea Incident, or just seven random Russians who just happened to be be at the IRS offices that day?

Only I will remain.

#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 18 March 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

seven Russians involved in the Crimea Incident, or just seven random Russians who just happened to be be at the IRS offices that day?

Two were Putins aids I believe.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 18 March 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Two were Putins aids I believe.
OHH NO.
Who's next, the Tea Lady? Or the ultimate sanction, Putin's Golf Caddy??

Only I will remain.

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

With sanctions like that Russia should flip over, belly up, and beg the Europeans for aid getting their troops out of Ukraine by the weekend. (Sarcasm!!)

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

I'm beginning to think that some of our leaders do not have a firm grip on reality.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users