Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Homeland Security Unscheduled Drill

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,299 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

OMG and WTF?
Posted Image
From the article:

We know our children have lock-down drills. It’s a sad, unfortunate part of the world we live in. However Glen Ridge students had a lock-down drill supervised by Homeland Security!
On Thursday, March 6, a team comprised of ten officials from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, and the NJ Department of Education’s Safety and Security Task Forces visited Glen Ridge High School to conduct an unannounced school lock-down drill. With the exception of Glen Ridge Superintendent Dr. John Mucciolo and Chief of Police Sheila Byron-Lagattutta, no Glen Ridge Public School personnel received advanced notice of the exercise.

Read the rest here

and if you don't hate Alex Jones here too

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Conditioning...

So the younger generations get used to a constant Neo-Gestapo presence around all the time and in charge of everything.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,214 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

But our foreign policy isn't motivating terrorists to attack us or anything.   So let's ignore that, and fight the battle for freedom on our hands and knees in our schools instead.   The policy is too important!  On your knees, plebs!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#4    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

So these kids actually would have thought there was a mad gunman in there school, wow...

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#5    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

How often does the GOV run lightning strike drills?  Your chances are greater at being struck by one then any sort of terror attack.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,937 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

May I ask where that picture is from?

Edit: Got it, didn't see the other link. :innocent:

Edited by FLOMBIE, 14 March 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#7    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

I have a feeling that being a cop is going to get a lot more dangerous given people have limits.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,299 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 March 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

May I ask where that picture is from?
No.  But nice touch right?

#9    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 2,161 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 14 March 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Conditioning...

So the younger generations get used to a constant Neo-Gestapo presence around all the time and in charge of everything.

This right here. The police have been militarized beyond reason. The grip is tightening slowly but steadily on the throat of the people...you are monitored and cataloged online, you are watched from the skies, you are taught to accept the police presence without question. Be a good consumer, don't try and make waves: follow these simple rules and you will live a happy life in the US of A.

Edit to add -- how to everything to go s*** so fast?! I remember the conspiracy theories years ago, some gained momentum, most didn't bear fruit. But my God America has fallen...it used to be the poster child for "freedom" - now it's a sad shadow of it's former self. I used to admire the patriotism so much but watching the way it was used to garner support for anti-American ideals has been heartbreaking...I hope there is a special place in Hell for the people that brought this house of cards down on us all.

Edited by Dark_Grey, 14 March 2014 - 10:39 PM.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#10    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,937 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostOverSword, on 14 March 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

No.  But nice touch right?
At least they are wearing goggles, I guess.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

As mad as it is, and as much of a WTF as it is, I can understand the thinking that went through the Principal's head.
Here in Oz, we have a schedule of drill practices. First term, everyone is told when the fire and lockdown drills will be - to the rough hour. In fact, we often give a couple of days warning so the younger kids aren't frightened and can practice the drill without the fear.
Second term, teachers are told when and kids are told in the morning it'll happen "today sometime".
Third term, only the teachers are told (and it's a "today sometime") and we're not to tell the kids unless we really have to (ie the kid doesn't cope well with routine changes).
Fourth term, only the Principal knows.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,299 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 14 March 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

As mad as it is, and as much of a WTF as it is, I can understand the thinking that went through the Principal's head.
Here in Oz, we have a schedule of drill practices. First term, everyone is told when the fire and lockdown drills will be - to the rough hour. In fact, we often give a couple of days warning so the younger kids aren't frightened and can practice the drill without the fear.
Second term, teachers are told when and kids are told in the morning it'll happen "today sometime".
Third term, only the teachers are told (and it's a "today sometime") and we're not to tell the kids unless we really have to (ie the kid doesn't cope well with routine changes).
Fourth term, only the Principal knows.
But do your drills include armed officers pretending they are hunting terrorists  with your kids in the mix?  Probably not.  This is clearly for conditioning purposes.

#13    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 2,161 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

I remember having drills as well, in a pre-9/11 world. It is very important that in the event of an intruder, everyone knows the drill - literally. But armed cops roaming the halls? C'mon...have crime rates dropped so dramatically that officers have nothing better to do than spend their day at a school?

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#14    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,773 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Asides for the asinine "conditioning" accusations, what is the actual complaint here?  That real cops took part?  Instead of what, teachers running around with water guns, pretending they knew what they were doing and acting like cops don't act?

Edited by aquatus1, 14 March 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,095 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostOverSword, on 14 March 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

But do your drills include armed officers pretending they are hunting terrorists  with your kids in the mix?  Probably not.  This is clearly for conditioning purposes.
we so have coppers who walk around the school during drills, if they're free, in order to make sire it's secure.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users