Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

share your personal altar, or sacred space

indoor outdoor meditation statues crystals rosary yoga wicca prayer candles

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hi,

Here are some pictures of my altar, and please feel free to upload scans of your sacred place (and it doesn't have to be religious in nature, but it has to be a very special place where you let go of your earthly cares on a daily basis or in a ritual manner):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#2    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,496 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

Too bad my African violets aren't blooming.
http://www.flickr.co...07/13156889833/

Edited by GreenmansGod, 15 March 2014 - 12:14 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#3    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 15 March 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Too bad my African violets aren't blooming.
http://www.flickr.co...07/13156889833/

To what deity/religion is that shrine for? Cat worship of some kind?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#4    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,852 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Something egyptian would be my guess

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,496 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

I am a Pagan Druid*, my alter represents Nature as the divine.  The lucky bamboo represents the world tree.  The cats and the wolf carving represent  the noble kindred which are the beings we share the Earth with. The crystals represents the Earth herself. The shell represents the sea.  There are offering on there, too, feathers, a silver coin and arrow head.
Edit to add,  I love your alter Born Passion. It is beautiful.  

(*Note, not all Druids believe the same)

Edited by GreenmansGod, 15 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,225 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Between my new laptop and new phone can't figure out how to post a picture of my altar. Waah! Both of those altars are beautiful; completely different styles, but beautiful. Next month I'm doing a day long workshop on how to communicate with guides & ancestors, starting with building an altar. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of the group altar, because they are always beautiful and interesting.

Edited by Beany, 15 March 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#7    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,975 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

I'm not posting a picture of my bed!

Seriously though reading the OP that would be it. It's a very special place where I let go of my earthly cares on a daily basis and pretty much in a ritual manner(I always give thanks before sleeping). So my favourite time of the day is when I climb into bed to sleep.

#8    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

my sacred place is inside of me.

#9    Angel13

Angel13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Looks like a lovely space no-thing born passion. :)
I dont know how to post photos here to to participate though lol

Live a little... laugh a little... love a little... more!

#10    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,207 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

Thank you.

Regarding photos... What I did was I uploaded my pictures on my website, and then used the pictures' addresses as my "Image Properties: URL" on UM. It's important to find out the actual picture's address in order for you to upload that specific picture on UM. Of course, another way is GreenmansGod's method.
Peace.

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#11    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,207 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 15 March 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

I am a Pagan Druid*, my alter represents Nature as the divine.  The lucky bamboo represents the world tree.  The cats and the wolf carving represent  the noble kindred which are the beings we share the Earth with. The crystals represents the Earth herself. The shell represents the sea.  There are offering on there, too, feathers, a silver coin and arrow head.
Edit to add,  I love your alter Born Passion. It is beautiful.  

(*Note, not all Druids believe the same)
Thank you, my friend. You're altar looks very special. Do I see a black obsidian sphere? BTW, I'm still waiting for my dragon's blood incense to arrive, but it should be here soon. Have a good evening.

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,852 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

High in the sierras there is this large pool of water. A mountain river fills it. It slides down a large granite rock. My brothers found it many years ago and they took my father. Then  my father took me with them. My father stopped takeing me after my brothers died. But he started to again when I was about 11.  I have many memories of being there with my father and some with my brothers. There is a flat rock that jut into the pool. It is my alter. I go back nearly every year sometimes twice. I have instructions to spread my ashes there when the time comes.

This is it here. The actual rock is to the right out if sight.
http://www.panoramio.../photo/23235861

Edited by White Crane Feather, 15 March 2014 - 11:06 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,852 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

I bow to nothing.

I need no altar.

....ok sorry that was jsut being overly dramatic.

I don't have one, never considered the need for it.  the world I guess, existence itself is what I look to for confirmation of what I know.

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,496 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

View PostNo-thingBornPassion, on 15 March 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Thank you, my friend. You're altar looks very special. Do I see a black obsidian sphere? BTW, I'm still waiting for my dragon's blood incense to arrive, but it should be here soon. Have a good evening.

Yes that is the obsidian sphere, but I do change them out. I should put out the pink granite sphere for the coming pink moon. One of the big clear crystals is in the back.  This is a nice thread, thanks for starting it.

#15    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,207 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 15 March 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

This is it here. The actual rock is to the right out if sight.
http://www.panoramio.../photo/23235861
Posted Image
Beautiful, White Crane Feather. Thank you for sharing it.

Also tagged with indoor, outdoor, meditation, statues, crystals, rosary, yoga, wicca, prayer, candles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users