Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Timeless and STINGY

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    rapture

rapture

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

What is the rush? The majority of humans barely live in reality; are profoundly uneducated and fearful of just about everything. Add to that an existences not drastically different than the cows or the chickens. (The bread and circuses slightly better )The life expectancy...80-90 years tops if lucky or rich...  decreases with every increase in the I.Q.; Nevertheless; If God is Timeless... why the infinitesimally small amount allotted to humans( his favorite) to accept him?

Edited by rapture, 15 March 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,785 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Wait, you of all people are criticising others of being uneducated and fearful? You, the guy who believes reptilian aliens rape and eat humans... Not to mention this Nibiru nonsense.

Edited by Rlyeh, 15 March 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#3    rapture

rapture

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 15 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Wait, you of all people are criticising others of being uneducated and fearful? You, the guy who believes reptilian aliens rape and eat humans... Not to mention this Nibiru nonsense.

Humans rape and eat other humans...[i]s it that far-fetched some other species wants to get in on the fun? Anyways I criticize no one

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

View Postrapture, on 15 March 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

What is the rush? The majority of humans barely live in reality; are profoundly uneducated and fearful of just about everything. Add to that an existences not drastically different than the cows or the chickens. (The bread and circuses slightly better )The life expectancy...80-90 years tops if lucky or rich...  decreases with every increase in the I.Q.; Nevertheless; If God is Timeless... why the infinitesimally small amount allotted to humans( his favorite) to accept him?
The majority of humans barely live in reality; are profoundly uneducated and fearful of just about everything.
wrong,
Add to that an existences not drastically different than the cows or the chickens.
wrong,
The life expectancy...80-90 years tops if lucky or rich...  decreases with every increase in the I.Q
wrong,

#5    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I apparently have a much higher opinion of humanity than you do. I can't imagine going through life holding such negative views, it seems there would be little, if anything, to enjoy. Myself, I'm not one to waste an opportunity to find pleasure, joy, beauty, friendship, love, appreciation. Our life span is relatively short, that's why we need to pack as much living as we can into it.

#6    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,579 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

What is the rush? The majority of humans barely live in reality; are profoundly uneducated and fearful of just about everything.

I can't all together disagree with that statement. I wouldn't say the majority, :rolleyes:  but a good share of them anyway. All you have to is look at the American Congress. It is the general population who votes them into office.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#7    rapture

rapture

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Lamellibrachia tube worms have longer life spans than humans

#8    simplybill

simplybill

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Living where I do, on a remote hilltop in the heartland of America, surrounded by beauty and wildlife and peace, I'm amazed that it takes more than 30 minutes for a person to accept a good and loving God.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#9    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

View Postrapture, on 15 March 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Lamellibrachia tube worms have longer life spans than humans

SO do some turtles, what's your point?

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostScheming B, on 15 March 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

SO do some turtles, what's your point?
he's complaining about god showing favoritism and finding out that he likes tube worms better
i think
:huh:

Edited by JGirl, 15 March 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#11    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

God likes worms and turtles more than us?

Well, explains why he made some of them teenage mutant ninjas at least.

Ive always been confused w/ people angry at god for favoritism.

If you're accepting the presence of God, then yorue accepting him as the total authority and creator.

...So he can pretty much do as he wants, because he made it all.  so, maybe he does show favoritism, maybe he doesnt.

Nothing we can do about it

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#12    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,742 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Well theoretically we made up our minds in the first five minutes of human existence to reject him. But how long should it take? Most humans have an adequate human life span to make up their minds, unless they are procrastinating. "No one knows the days or hours of their life so make up your mind now" is a very ancient suggestion.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,785 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 15 March 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

Well theoretically we made up our minds in the first five minutes of human existence to reject him.
Is that something you made up?

#14    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

View Postrapture, on 15 March 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Humans rape and eat other humans...s it that far-fetched some other species wants to get in on the fun? Anyways I criticize no one

They also toil all their lives to alleviate the suffering of their fellow human.

View Postsimplybill, on 15 March 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Living where I do, on a remote hilltop in the heartland of America, surrounded by beauty and wildlife and peace, I'm amazed that it takes more than 30 minutes for a person to accept a good and loving God.

Because you can't construct a sound world view by just looking at the pretty things. When considering a proposition you have to consider the evidence for and [i]against
it.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#15    simplybill

simplybill

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 16 March 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Because you can't construct a sound world view by just looking at the pretty things. When considering a proposition you have to consider the evidence for and against it.
The "pretty things" are an indication that God is good and loving. God's character is partly revealed to us in the physical things He created.
The existence of God is a different debate. We're surrounded by evidence. In these modern times, it seems the choices for the interpretation of the evidence have been narrowed down to two possibilities: God exists, or God doesn't exist.

Regarding Rapture's question about the briefness of the time allotted to us: perhaps that's the reason we're surrounded by so much evidence. God has tilted the argument in His favor by giving us plenty of evidence to choose from in making our decision.

Edited by simplybill, 16 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users