Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Kids cross river in plastic bags! Vid

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,680 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

My god!!

Many children around the world take the bus to school but in a mountainous area in the north of Vietnam, plastic bags have become the means of transport. This video, filmed by a primary school teacher, shows school children and teachers squeezing themselves into plastic bags so that they can be carried across a river. It's been widely shared on social media as people discuss the standard of bridge construction in remote parts of the country. In February, nine people died and many were injured after a suspension bridge collapsed in Lai Chau Province

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ending-26620619

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Holy crap!!  That is insane!

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Insane, No bridge would be a good reason not to go to school.  Just my opinion.

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,455 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

We have people going over Niagara Falls in a barrel just for the adrenaline rush while children risks everything for education. What a mad world we live in.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

And here we have parents not bringing children to school because 'they didn't get ready in time'. :no:

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,021 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

*sigh*

Body bags they could end up in.  :(

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Well, seeder, insane is indeed the perfect adjective here.

This is honestly the best possible solution they can come up with?????

The parents aren't motivated enough to build a crude barge of sorts? Maybe the chick at the start of it with a long stick has a fishing pole as a safety measure?

Have a look when they put the bike into the water, something goes past on the opposite side of the river. Is there another school up river a bit?

Never seen anything like it. Kudos Seeder.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,680 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 March 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Well, seeder, insane is indeed the perfect adjective here.

This is honestly the best possible solution they can come up with?????

The parents aren't motivated enough to build a crude barge of sorts? Maybe the chick at the start of it with a long stick has a fishing pole as a safety measure?

Have a look when they put the bike into the water, something goes past on the opposite side of the river. Is there another school up river a bit?

Never seen anything like it. Kudos Seeder.

Simplest solution? Build a shack/school on the first side of the river, bring teachers over, then... no issues having to travel. :lol:

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#9    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

View Postseeder, on 19 March 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Simplest solution? Build a shack/school on the first side of the river, bring teachers over, then... no issues having to travel. :lol:

Does the entire school cross the river? That even crazier.

There does seem to be plenty of timber around, I do not understand why there is not motivation to explore options. Perhaps the adults are so busy they cannot fit it in, but the guy who carries the plastic bags across the river has to have some spare time during school hours one would think.

Insane indeed. I mean if people can come up with fixes like this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Surely some innovative genius can do better than a plastic bag.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users