Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Woman discovers talent for drawing after NDE

pip taylor artist drawing chester racecourse nde near-death experience

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,045 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

As a teenager, Pip Taylor dreamed of being an artist - but by her own admission she was hopeless.

Her attempts at sketching faces were 'terrible'. Even her teachers advised her to think of a different career.

But more than 30 years later she has discovered she is a talented artist - after falling down a flight of stairs and cracking her head.

http://metro.co.uk/2...rience-4642041/

Posted Image

#2    ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

it took 30 years of dedication from drawing cartoons to drawing like an artist............
it did not take 30 years, by falling down the stairs and cracking her head to become an artist

Posted Image

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,017 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Exact same thing happened to me!  Kinda.  A p***-artist I became.

#4    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

That's really wild.  I've heard of people with head injuries suddenly discovering abilities they never had before.  It's like it opens a part of the brain they couldn't access before.

Nothing paranormal, but interesting to look into.

#5    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,454 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

I just hope this story won't inspire a bunch of "Monkey see, money do" mentality to start diving head first down stairwells in hope of superpowers. Ugh.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, 21 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#6    YukiEsmaElite0

YukiEsmaElite0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• "Things like protecting the world are no more than moral reasons that sound good." -Soi Fon (Bleach)

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

I only draw in the Japanese style (anime/manga), and I'm rather good at it. I always have been. I think she must have had that talent in the first place, she just never used it... but why use it now? Maybe I'm just too skeptic~

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,392 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostYukiEsmaElite0, on 21 March 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

I only draw in the Japanese style (anime/manga), and I'm rather good at it. I always have been. I think she must have had that talent in the first place, she just never used it... but why use it now? Maybe I'm just too skeptic~

I'd like to do so as well but don't have real use for it other than a mere hobby so I don't bother much but I agree with you that she may have had the talent already but simply needed to apply it in a different manner.

View Post:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 21 March 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I just hope this story won't inspire a bunch of "Monkey see, money do" mentality to start diving head first down stairwells in hope of superpowers. Ugh.

Sadly in this day and age of a society that has been deliberately dumbed down, I fear that there will be a great many who are stupid and gullible enough to do just that. Always looking for a seemingly easy way (in their minds) to do something.

#8    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

We're such delicate machines aren't we? It's amazing what's locked in our brains. At least it was something tangible and not psychic abilities like the guy last week. I'm gald something good came out of such a tough break.

#9    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,273 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

She's actually pretty good! However I would very much like to see how old the "before" picture is. For all we know it could have been from 20 years ago. If anything, the knock on her head could have simply improved her ability to focus, which is a prettt big factor in drawing. Plays a big difference for me between simply sketching and working on a commission.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#10    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

I go with the 30 years comment as I have found that every time I take a break from Art (3 days to 3 years) whenever I take it up again, it has improved dramatically.

That's not saying that the fall had nothing to do with it but that inherent factors could have played a role here.

There's no such thing as talent in my books, every skill is hard fought for over years of self application though that doesn't explain prodigies playing Mozart who had no previous trained skills to begin with.

#11    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,392 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostWierdHalfling, on 21 March 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

There's no such thing as talent in my books, every skill is hard fought for over years of self application though that doesn't explain prodigies playing Mozart who had no previous trained skills to begin with.

I agree about there being no such thing as talent. Some people may have a particular aptitude for certain skills but like anything else, if it is not used or developed or if the person simply has no use for said aptitude then nothing comes of it.

As for so-called "prodigies" I think some may have a "uncanny" ability to remember what they have heard, even in the womb and can play it back with astonishing skill.

#12    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,395 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Fascinating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users