Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Give Me Some ‘Space’!

human research program flight analogs project hera johnson space center nasa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,178 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Give Me Some ‘Space’!

www.nasa.gov said:

If two is company and three is a crowd, what is four – especially when you are living and working in close quarters and under stress for several days? That is what NASA’s Flight Analogs Project, funded by NASA’s Human Research Program, set to find out when it sent four crew members on a simulated mission to the Geographos asteroid on February 27, 2014. This initiated the first of many missions that will take place inside the Human Exploration Research Analog (HERA) located at NASA’s Johnson Space Center.

“Flight analogs like HERA provide researchers with environments that emulate spaceflight conditions,” said Joe Neigut, project manager of NASA’s Flight Analog Project. “We use analogs to better understand the impacts of spaceflight on the human body.”

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,178 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

HRP Spaceflight Analogs with Joe Neigut and Ronita Cromwell

Analogs have been used for a very long time at NASA and they continually refine and evolve over time but the concepts of analogs always stay the same.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users