Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Algae Powered Lamps

algae lamp science renewable resource alternative energy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

A group of researchers at FermentAlg, led by Pierre Calleja, have invented a street lamp that is powered by algae. Yes, algae; those tiny microorganisms responsible for that green sludge you might find on your pond. This streetlamp exploits the process of photosynthesis that these algae carry out. Photosynthesis is the system used by certain organisms to convert light energy (from the sun) into chemical energy (sugars) that can be used as fuel, using carbon dioxide amongst other things. These lamps can store the energy produced by these algae during the hours in which the sun shines, generating a super green and environmentally friendly lamp.

SOURCE

Posted Image

I personally think this is really cool. What are your thoughts?

#2    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe, passing each day in peaceful contemplation"

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

I WANT ONE

Posted Image

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

That is brilliant, the bio applications in waste treatment plants has been an ongoing success, and a science on it's own. I hope it does very well. In places like tunnels and basements it could just stay on forever. Added safety aspect.

Mines would love these things. Not great for us poor old sparkies though.

Edited by psyche101, 20 March 2014 - 01:15 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe, passing each day in peaceful contemplation"

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

YES I CAN HAVE ONE - http://www.wikihow.c...t-Algae-at-Home

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users