Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Baby catapulted out of mother's womb in crash

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,572 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well heres something you dont hear about every day

Unborn baby catapulted out of mother's womb SURVIVES bike crash that killed his parents

An unborn baby has survived been catapulted three metres out of his mother's womb during a fatal motorcycle crash that killed his parents.

The accident saw both the baby boy's heavily pregnant mother Wang Zhau, and his father Mao, be hit by a truck as they rushed to try and get to hospital in time.

The vehicle careered into their motorbike before running over the woman's stomach, and causing fatal injuries to the father. "Eye witnesses said that when the woman was hit by the truck she gave birth on the spot," police spokesman Chan Chien said.

http://www.mirror.co...6#ixzz2wWaW9Swv

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Thrown out of the woman's belly, does that mean her stomach busted open?

I'm glad the baby is okay but sad the parents had to die like this and never see their new baby.

#3    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

"Others said that the baby, which was healthy 4.2 kg, had been thrown out of the woman's belly and had landed three meters away."
this is bullsh*t
it would not be possible for the baby to go flying three meters from the mother. the umbilical cord is just not that long folks

Edited by JGirl, 20 March 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,572 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

ha you know I was just looking at other sources, thinking if she had some strong knickers on, or even leggings, that may have prevented the baby being shot out like that...so in another source we find this

"Eye-witnesses claim the wheels of the truck then went over the woman and the baby was forced from her womb by the impact and catapulted to safety three metres away.

Others reported that the woman gave birth immediately after being hit by the truck and then died".

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

So we have possibly the tabloids hyping it up more, or is it still hard work to get honest news out of China?

I wonder how Jet Li got his name?

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

no way that baby was catapulted out. i also don't believe the truck ran over her stomach forcing it out
whoever wrote this has never had a child or watched one being born lol

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostJGirl, on 20 March 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

"Others said that the baby, which was healthy 4.2 kg, had been thrown out of the woman's belly and had landed three meters away."
this is bullsh*t
it would not be possible for the baby to go flying three meters from the mother. the umbilical cord is just not that long folks
Not true JGirl, I knew a guy that that was catapulted 50 meters out a car windshield leaving his shoes on the floor with his feet still in them.  You're talking about extreme forces here.

Edited by OverSword, 20 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#7    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostOverSword, on 20 March 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Not true JGirl, I knew a guy that that was catapulted 50 meters out a car windshield leaving his shoes on the floor with his feet still in them.  You're talking about extreme forces here.
did he have an umbilical cord which was also attached to the inside of a woman when it happened?
at the time was he inside another human's body?

Edited by JGirl, 20 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostJGirl, on 20 March 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

did he have an umbilical cord which was also attached to the inside of a woman when it happened?
at the time was he inside another human's body?
I'm pretty sure my friends feet were attached, and probably much more firmly than an umbelical chord.

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostOverSword, on 20 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure my friends feet were attached, and probably much more firmly than an umbelical chord.
think about it for a minute
really
if the woman was run over that baby would not have survived, let alone get squeezed out like so much toothpaste
that just didn't happen. it couldn't have happened that way.
your friend was not being squeezed through a birth canal, and i can see how he could have been thrown out of a vehicle and out of his shoes - the fact that his feet were still in his shoes is a strange bit, and i would like to have more information about the accident before i decided if that was factual or not sorry.
it's more likely that she gave birth on the road and then died as other witnesses have claimed.

Edited by JGirl, 20 March 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostJGirl, on 20 March 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

think about it for a minute
really
if the woman was run over that baby would not have survived, let alone get squeezed out like so much toothpaste
that just didn't happen. it couldn't have happened that way.
your friend was not being squeezed through a birth canal, and i can see how he could have been thrown out of a vehicle and out of his shoes - the fact that his feet were still in his shoes is a strange bit, and i would like to have more information about the accident before i decided if that was factual or not sorry.
it's more likely that she gave birth on the road and then died as other witnesses have claimed.
No way, JGirl.  Catapulted!  It happens I swear! :ph34r:

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

You have to wonder how he got cut up like that if he just slid out of the womb

Edited by Still Waters, 20 March 2014 - 08:13 PM.
Removed copyrighted image

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,572 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostOverSword, on 20 March 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

You have to wonder how he got cut up like that if he just slid out of the womb

I was going to bring that up!! Those grazes on his right side are the type you get when you've slid along the ground, had many on my knees and elbows as a manic child bike rider!!

OK after some careful searching, I found an English article on a Chinese website,

quote:

An infant born at the scene of a crash that killed his heavily-pregnant mother has been dubbed a “miracle baby”. The infant was born after his mother was knocked off a motorcycle by a car at a junction in the city of Xiamen.

Local media reports described the infant as being “knocked out” of his mother during the accident.

“The baby arrived in the hospital emergency department at 9:30am with numerous bruises, so was sent for further examination. Following consultation, the boy was found to have no major problems,” Haicang hospital staff told reporters.

http://www.scmp.com/...pregnant-mother

Edited by Still Waters, 20 March 2014 - 08:14 PM.
Removed copyrighted image from quote

#13    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,092 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Are they sure that baby is Chinese? It's not north Korean and related to the Kim Jong's somehow? :whistle:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,572 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Lets not forget either, the OP article said she was in labour, therefore the motorbike ride to hospital, I guess....guess mind you, it could have been ready to pop out anyway, and for a really poor analogy, like when you need to poop - but can hold it off by clenching...then first chance you get you cant hold back?

#15    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

It's the Chinese Chuck Norris!

Joking aside, it's wonderful the baby survived but I feel so bad that he won't ever know his parents and the love they had for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users