Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Unusual object in photo ?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

My nephew who is in Australia sent a picture of a hot air baloon ..however there is something else in this photo, that well ..comes up as an 'I dunno'

FGS Im not allowed to upoad this file type so I guess I have to convert it

will post it here asap

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Even with no pic as of now, I'm surprised it's not being dismissed and poo-pooed yet.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,117 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 20 March 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

My nephew who is in Australia sent a picture of a hot air baloon ..however there is something else in this photo, that well ..comes up as an 'I dunno'

FGS Im not allowed to upoad this file type so I guess I have to convert it

will post it here asap

Or up it to a free file host and then use the link

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Either:
( a ) Photoshop.
( b ) Balloon.
( c ) Remote controlled Model helicopter.
( d ) streetlamp.

I think that should cover it.

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb, 20 March 2014 - 09:19 PM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#5    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

• Europeans have to be allowed to do things before they can do them. Americans have to be prohibited, or they can do anything.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 March 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Even with no pic as of now, I'm surprised it's not being dismissed and poo-pooed yet.

I'm surprised that even though no pic is up, the wild claims of alien space craft or angels or flying bigfeet haven't been posted yet.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 20 March 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Either:
( a ) Photoshop.
( b ) Balloon.
( c ) Remote controlled Model helicopter.
( d ) streetlamp.

I think that should cover it.

Good enough for me!

Edited by Sweetpumper, 20 March 2014 - 09:25 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

i'll wait for the picture...let me know when.

#8    MrBene

MrBene

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Waiting for the picture too.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

It probably will be nothing but how can anyone say anything without a picture, the evidence.

#10    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,792 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I'm surprised that we aren't getting the pre-emptive oh-so-predictable sarcastic posts about how it's a lens-flare, swamp-gas, Venus, etc...

Oh, wait...

Edited by JesseCuster, 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#11    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Pooseycat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

The OP has 1200+ posts, though. The usual time wasting teasers come from noobies, so let's all hold our water.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 21 March 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

Not sure why you would think that, there is a promise of more to come, be patient.

Skeptics try to offer the most likely explanation, whereas believers just throw **** at a wall and hope it will stick. I don't see anything productive in believing every story about an unusual object is alien in nature.

You guys forgot black ops and natural phenomena too, you know, the cover all explanations that only cover certain instances.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#13    Mekelyn

Mekelyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

I don't need to see a picture. I'm not saying its aliens but........... :alien:

#14    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

I'm surprised that we aren't getting the pre-emptive oh-so-predictable sarcastic posts about how it's a lens-flare, swamp-gas, Venus, etc...

Oh, wait...
It's called humor, or humour, depending on where you're from. Don't they have it round your way?

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb, 21 March 2014 - 08:13 AM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#15    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,792 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 21 March 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm surprised we haven't got sense of humour failure and Skeptics getting pre-emptively angry about things that really don't perhaps warrant it.
Oh, wait ...
Yes, very clever. Congratulations. Lens-flare. Swampgas. Streetlamps. Angry skeptics. Etc. I get it.  We get it.  It's very funny in oh-so-many-ways.  I award this and every future kneejerk "Photoshop!" post an honorary 5 points for being funny and clever.

Anyway, back to the point: to the OP: Try uploading it at the following URL which should allow you to upload it no questions asked and provide you with multiple links including a "forum" link which you should be able to copy and paste directly into a post:L
http://postimage.org/

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users