Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jesus second coming

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    shayne255

shayne255

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

I am just wondering and thinking with a lot going on with world war 3 going to possibly to happen with Russia and the four blood moons going to happen come April 15th 2014 do you think Jesus will come. I am a Lutheran Christian and I am wondering if anyone else thinks the same thing. I am a firm believer in Jesus and I think Jesus would not like that of a world war 3. There have been other signs as well that Jesus could come back to so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks Jesus is coming back to bring us to heaven and rescue us.

#2    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

Jesus died.

Are you referring to a return of the Christ?

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#3    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

I would bet against this happening. Very comfortably.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

People freak out about world war 3 since the day after when some one said it was world war 2. Do not fall into the hype, It won't come to it. If you need me, I will be 30 miles deep in my fortified bunker.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• Kapow

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

The apocalypse has been predicted by experts to be just around the corner for thousands of years and will continue to be predicted to be soon for thousands more.

#6    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,612 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

My view of the bible is that over the centuries it has been embellished and altered from the original story.
Though I think there is truth to some of it, It's like a Hollywood Movie where it's based on a true story but
fiction has been added to give it character. About the only thing in the bible that makes sense to me is the
10 commandments. The jury is out for the rest of it.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#7    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,511 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

Jesus will return.  One day.  Probably not when you expect.  In fact, it's said that it will happen "like a thief in the night".  So why look for signs and portents of his coming.  Surely the thief doesn't announce he's coming to your house.  If he did, you could hide Macaulay Culkin in your house and let him go all Home Alone on their proverbial behinds.  Once people stop predicting when Jesus will return, that's probably when he'll return :yes:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,379 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

He has been in Russia since January 14, 1961.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vissarion

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#9    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,986 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 21 March 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

Jesus will return.  One day.  Probably not when you expect.  In fact, it's said that it will happen "like a thief in the night".  So why look for signs and portents of his coming.  Surely the thief doesn't announce he's coming to your house.  If he did, you could hide Macaulay Culkin in your house and let him go all Home Alone on their proverbial behinds.  Once people stop predicting when Jesus will return, that's probably when he'll return :yes:

I thought Jesus said he will come as a thief of the night for those who didn't know him, etc... and those who know him should watch for signs and prepare for his coming. The exact date is unknown as has been said many times, but the signs will be there for those who can see.

Anyhow, what's this about World War 3? In a nutshell, what has happened that has led people to believe this? I don't watch TV partly for these reasons, so what is happening?

#10    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,635 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

No one knows either the day or the hour. Business as usual until he comes, except for, maybe, some repentance and change of heart and direction.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#11    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,635 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 21 March 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

He has been in Russia since January 14, 1961.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vissarion

"For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will lead many astray." (Matthew 24:5)

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#12    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,379 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostDeWitz, on 21 March 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

"For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will lead many astray." (Matthew 24:5)

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

King James Version (KJV)

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#13    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,612 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

Ya Think?

Edited by Hawkin, 22 March 2014 - 05:19 AM.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#14    Cherrypress

Cherrypress

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

View Postshayne255, on 21 March 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

I am just wondering and thinking with a lot going on with world war 3 going to possibly to happen with Russia and the four blood moons going to happen come April 15th 2014 do you think Jesus will come. I am a Lutheran Christian and I am wondering if anyone else thinks the same thing. I am a firm believer in Jesus and I think Jesus would not like that of a world war 3. There have been other signs as well that Jesus could come back to so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks Jesus is coming back to bring us to heaven and rescue us.

No. Happy to bet you my entire wealth on that one. ;-)

#15    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

View Postshayne255, on 21 March 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Yes.

Personaly Im not sure if the rapture takes place before, mid way through, or tward the end of the tribulation. But yeah, I believe assuming you are going to live another 20 years or so, that you will see the fulfillment of all things written with in your life time.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users