Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sea Snakes only drink fresh water

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,394 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

http://www.thealmage...esh-water/11466

Some of the top physiology books also claim that sea snakes have filters that help them to consume salt water without being affected by the salt content. Lillywhite said that they have tested many sea snakes and none of them drinks sea water. One of the reasons why sea snakes prefer fresh water is because it is less dense than sea water and it forms a film at the surface. During the rainfall sea snakes will consume one sip to 25% of their body mass. During climate change and reduction in rainfall, sea snakes can stay without fresh water for as long as seven months which helps them to survive in drought conditions.

I found this interesting. Apparently the sea snakes only drink when rain water pools on the surface of the ocean.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,301 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

That is interesting!  ,,, makes me think they evolved from land creatures.    ?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#3    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

wow, i had no idea!  Seven months without water?  Amazing!

#4    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

View Postlightly, on 21 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

That is interesting!  ,,, makes me think they evolved from land creatures. ?

Of course they evolved from land creatures. They're snakes. Sea snakes make up a subfamily that adapted to marine life.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users