Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Blessing Of An Object

invocation holy water smudging ceremony sanctify salt prayer circle anointing oil priest crystal clusters full moon

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hi,

Do you have a special prayer or method to bless the object you just bought for your altar or sacred space? I usually buy pre-blessed objects with priests or nuns as their provenance; however, here's an intimate prayer that rings true to me:

Blessed are you, Lord God, king of the universe.
You have made all things for your glory.
Bless this (name of object)
and grant that I may use it in your service
and for the good of my surrounding.

Father, I praise you through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Peace.

#2    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

• Europeans have to be allowed to do things before they can do them. Americans have to be prohibited, or they can do anything.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

1) Why would one bless a single inanimate item?  Wouldn't the true grace be in the person using it?  The tool is completely irrelevant.
2) Why would anyone spend money on this?  What kind of a racket is that, and how do I get in on it
4) I bless with mead (though it's not always true mead).

Edited by Paranoid Android, 23 March 2014 - 03:15 PM.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,326 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

I bless this (object) with the power of Air (run it through sage), Fire (light a candle run it through the flame), Water (sprinkle with water) and Earth (sprinkle with salt},  Be it only used in good intent and peace.  As Above, so below.  So mote it be.
Though different things get different treatment.  My sword took a month of keeping near by and working with it every day. My staff I took to the river and immersed in the water.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

SuperNatural

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

in my culture we tend to bless something big in your lives, such as a new car or house and so on

Posted Image

#5    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Different faiths have different ways of looking at this. In a Judeo-Christian sense of the term, I can't think of a single time when an object was "blessed". People are blessed. Often. But not objects. So from my own personal world view I can't really justify blessing any object for any personal altar.

But if you gain spiritual insight/enlightenment from this, best of luck to you :tu:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#6    hellig heilige

hellig heilige

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

methods of blessing amongst catholics.....................................  http://www.ewtn.com/...ayer/roman2.txt

Are catholics judeo-christians?
http://libertyandcul...stian-mean.html

Matthew 5:20   
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven".

#7    Copen

Copen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 23 March 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

methods of blessing amongst catholics.....................................  http://www.ewtn.com/...ayer/roman2.txt

Edited by Beany, 23 March 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#8    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostCopen, on 23 March 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

The Catholic faith is one of the most idolatrous religions and certainly the most idolatrous Christian religion on earth. Unfortunately, other Christian denominations are becoming the same with idols of crosses, graven images of God, angels, glorifying the devil on Halloween, and some even have statues of "things that are in the earth beneath" (gargoyles, etc) on the outside of church bldgs to ward off evil spirits (like a demon is afraid of a sculptured piece of cement). And they think there is nothing evil in that. It is the drunks, criminals, and crooked politicians' fault that their land needs healing. WRONG!!

Please adhere to the guidelines:  the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed.

#9    Copen

Copen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Beany,
Thank you for your reprimand. I will be more careful from now on. Just trying to awaken Christians against idolatry.
God bless

#10    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 23 March 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

To clarify, I missed a word when posting my previous message. I meant to write that I cannot think of a single time in the Bible that an object is blessed. People are blessed, regularly. But never in scripture are objects blessed. Therefore, as a Christian I won't be blessing any objects anytime soon.

Catholics are definitely part of the Judeo-Christian tradition. Many people in Catholic churches are Christian. Catholic doctrine is mostly scriptural. However, the idea of Catholics blessing objects is unbiblical, so while I won't judge any Catholic for their beliefs, I won't support the blessing of objects as a biblically acceptable action.

Of course, it's not a major issue, and if there is biblical evidence that I'm unaware of, I'd happily change my stance on this. But my comments weren't intended to start an argument, just to outline my views. If people gain spiritual joy from blessing items, then go for it.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#11    hellig heilige

hellig heilige

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostCopen, on 23 March 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Did Jesus say we can't have crucifixes? Did Jesus say we can't pray the rosary? Isn't the virgin mary the mother of Jesus? Isn't Jesus the New Covenant???????????????? Through Jesus the bible has been fulfilled. The bible is not stagnant because its followers are still around and Jesus and virgin mary are still around. The pope the representative of Jesus is alive.

Matthew 5:20   
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven".

#12    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostHida Akechi, on 23 March 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

1) Why would one bless a single inanimate item?

Please respect other people beliefs. Thankyou

Edited by SolarPlexus, 24 March 2014 - 12:21 AM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#13    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

• Europeans have to be allowed to do things before they can do them. Americans have to be prohibited, or they can do anything.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 24 March 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

Please respect other people beliefs. Thankyou

I don't necessarily have to respect other people's beliefs.

BUT, most importantly, how was my simple question disrespecting anyone's beliefs?

Thank you for your prompt answer.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

#14    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostHida Akechi, on 23 March 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

1) Why would one bless a single inanimate item?  Wouldn't the true grace be in the person using it?  The tool is completely irrelevant.
2) Why would anyone spend money on this?  What kind of a racket is that, and how do I get in on it
4) I bless with mead (though it's not always true mead).

My post was edited, and now I can't remember what #3 was; and since I can't remember it, I guess it wasn't important.

Oh well.  I guess this censorship was for the best this time around.

:tu:

#15    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Why was my blessing removed? I bless things with bacon. This is part of my beliefs. Why was it removed?

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users