Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Poltergeist' activity filmed inside store

Patient Zero

the only out of the ordinary here, is, it took the lady another 45 seconds upon reentering the room to find out exactly where the source of the noise came from, behind the counter....

oh and the terrible acting

• Like 2

http://www.dailymail...ing-ground.html

Daily Mail story, just warnin' ya' ahead of time.

It's not a Daily Mail story. They've sourced another site for this news article.

Store owner Steve Buzzota told WMUR

http://www.wmur.com/...-video/25093166

• Like 2

Just don't buy it.

• Like 3

After watching the video (after having to watch a three minute advertisement) I notice a few things.

clear%20cake%20stand%20lid.jpg

What you see above is a glass cake stand lid, This is simular to the one in the video. These glass cake stand lid come in various size, weight, thickness and shapes.

I do not find any thing paranormal about this, It can be classed as poorly placed and had fallen from over time (yes things like this DO happen) by the angle and weight or even by the vibration from a the vechicles passing (if you look you can see numerous cars pasting with lights flashing).

• Like 3

Oh c'mon! Screw off ghost troller. Now she has to duck.

Who are you telling to screw off? Have you read the site's rules?

• Like 2

Who are you telling to screw off? Have you read the site's rules?

Ghosts in general i assume?!

Looked like the object had too far to travel across the counter to attribute vibrationary causes but the pause before discovery seems feigned, still if she was absorbed in her phone then the pause seems plausible.

How ever, the object loosing its equilibrium before toppling to the floor definitely is suspicious to me, indicative of some prop like a transparent string from above pulling on it.

Undecided.

• Like 1

I bet business is booming at the Ellacoya Country Store in Gilford. ;)

• Like 2

String Theory!!!!!!!!!!!

Blatant CGI. If you look carefully, part of dish jumps in and out of frames. Would like to see some real evidence one day tho

I guess I'm the gullible one in the group. This one I think is possibly true. It's been on the news in NYC and I find it interesting. We have ghosts in NYC too! :)

Edited by MJNYC
  • Like 1

The problem with video evidence like this is it's too easy to recreate. I'm not saying off-hand it's fake, it just wouldn't be that difficult to do. If you'd like to let me review the several hours of footage leading up to this so I can rule out someone stringing a line then I'd be willing to look. To those who jump straight to CGI with every video they see, there's no need in this case. The jumpiness is common with CCTV cams.

• Like 4

The first and normal reflex after seeing this kind of video is to rationalize it. I would definitly like to have the opinion of experts at Industrial Light & Magic. My limited knowledge of video and special effects does not allow me conclude if the footage has it's tampered with or faked. It looks very interesting though.

Of course strings hoaxes are very difficult to ruled out in such footages, especially for a rational mind but in this case the window behind the counter is tighly sealed (as seen in the news report, link below) so to pull strings you would have to do it from the top hidden from the camera. Quite a stunt but yet technically possible. I guess it comes down to the honesty of these persons, which we do not really know.

I do not find any thing paranormal about this, It can be classed as poorly placed and had fallen from over time (yes things like this DO happen) by the angle and weight or even by the vibration from a the vechicles passing (if you look you can see numerous cars pasting with lights flashing).

I don't see it that way, it's as if the glass cake stand lid was blown away, watching closely you can see a jerk that lift it off and send it flying across to crash on the floor. It's seems unlikely to me that a vehicule vibration would have caused it to reverse and fly on the ground. If you look carefully, nothing else vibrate the slightest bit in the area when that happens.

Also, if the owners can be believed, it's not the first anormal experience they have in the store. See a news report here: http://www.wmur.com/...-video/25093166

Edited by sam_comm

I live here, and I have been to that store. And I can tell you, the window behind it is decorative. It is sealed. I mean, not saying that it couldn't have been faked, but if you look at the layout of the place, it just would be kinda hard to pull off. Plus, it wasn't windy the day when it went on the news. And it wasn't tampered with. The police have the raw video straight from the camera, and it had no visible signs of splicing. Trust me, I know that place. If this was faked, they put themselves through a lot of work to do it.

• Like 3

Well I have been through such experiences ... back in the day before the internet and Adobe photoshop, it makes for a great yarn at beer parties ... ghost or not I never did care either way ... or a prank even ... some of the things I've seen are pretty good ~ come to think of it that's what made me interested in 'movie making' stop motion or the basic camera trickery evolving to dark room hanky panky with negatives and exposures ~ ( yeah 'that' too ... :lol: )

Ghost Stories scares the clothes off the women real quick in a photo dark room :D

I live here, and I have been to that store. And I can tell you, the window behind it is decorative. It is sealed. I mean, not saying that it couldn't have been faked, but if you look at the layout of the place, it just would be kinda hard to pull off. Plus, it wasn't windy the day when it went on the news. And it wasn't tampered with. The police have the raw video straight from the camera, and it had no visible signs of splicing. Trust me, I know that place. If this was faked, they put themselves through a lot of work to do it.

And so, as it always does in such cases, it comes down to the veracity of the claimant. A little fishing line through some well placed pulleys and I could have stood directly below the camera and pulled this off.

I'm not at all saying they did that. I'm just saying it is too easily replicated.

So we're left with eyewitness accounts and anecdotes once again. It's frustrating for those of us who seek real, tangible evidence of the paranormal to have to sift through the noise of those who would fake something like this for any number of reasons. I'm sure the store's business hasn't suffered since this aired.

Since nearly every claim of 'evidence' in the last century has been debunked, it's hard not to become a skeptic. I would love for this to be real but all I have to go on now is the word of the owner, entire staff and anyone else who might have been able to access the store.

Extrordinary evidence requires extrodinary scrutiny.

Edited by Calibeliever

I guess I'm the gullible one in the group. This one I think is possibly true. It's been on the news in NYC and I find it interesting. We have ghosts in NYC too! :)

It is odd that the object does disappear right when it falls. As the camera seems to take a frame evry second or so, I guess it's possible to "disappear" between frames. Not likely, but possible. It's just odd that I didn't even see the impact. Did I miss anything?

They got a medium... of course she states it's haunted

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/4877/20140327/who-you-gonna-call-hd-video-camera-helps-spot-ghostly-activity-in-new-hampshire-store.htm

Sam, If i had a job I would buy a cake stand and replicate the event and do a video. alas I am jobless.

• Like 1

So we're left with eyewitness accounts and anecdotes once again. It's frustrating for those of us who seek real, tangible evidence of the paranormal to have to sift through the noise of those who would fake something like this for any number of reasons. I'm sure the store's business hasn't suffered since this aired.

We have an interesting piece of footage that deserves to be analyzed. I would gladly hear the opinions of special effect experts at Industrial Light & Magic for instance. They should be able to say with confidence if it's tampered with or faked.

To me it looks like a tangible evidence and even if the rational side of my mind looks for logical, natural explanations, I don't need to trust but I will not accuse the owners of fakery and deceits just because it's technically doable in theory. I cannot blame the couple because the media took a strange story and put it on TV neither.

Since nearly every claim of 'evidence' in the last century has been debunked, it's hard not to become a skeptic. I would love for this to be real but all I have to go on now is the word of the owner, entire staff and anyone else who might have been able to access the store.

I've seen a lot of dismissing too and ''debunkers'' comforting each others with mundane and inacurate explanations, even if that doesn't fit with the documentation.

But agreed, an investigation is needed in this store, by rational and open-minded people.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 2

We have an interesting piece of footage that deserves to be analyzed. I would gladly hear the opinions of special effect experts at Industrial Light & Magic for instance. They should be able to say with confidence if it's tampered with or faked.

To me it looks like a tangible evidence and even if the rational side of my mind looks for logical, natural explanations, I don't need to trust but I will not accuse the owners of fakery and deceits just because it's technically doable in theory. I cannot blame the couple because the media took a strange story and put it on TV neither.

I've seen a lot of dismissing too and ''debunkers'' comforting each others with mundane and inacurate explanations, even if that doesn't fit with the documentation.

But agreed, an investigation is needed in this store, by rational and open-minded people.

I'm sympathetic to what you're saying. I also bristle when people brush things off out-of hand. That being said, there is very little to analyze of the evidence that's been put forth. ILM isn't going to improve the quality of the footage to be able to tell if there was a string. They can check for CGI, splices, etc but I'm confident that none would be needed for this. I have also heard at least two other plausible explanations on how this occured without a string.

I'm not asying it isn't real. I'm not saying anyone faked it. I'm not saying there isn't a ghost there. But what I am saying is that it isn't very good evidence of anything supernatural. Unexplained ... maybe.

I've had many paranormal experiences in my life which is why I spend as much time and energy as I do pouring through the rubbish looking for a glimmer of evidence. I'm not skeptical of the paranormal, I'm skeptical of the evidence. Very very very skeptical of the evidence. In this case, the setup and acting look all too familiar. Sorry.