Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Some dog training methods cause stress

dog training methods stress wayward pets barbara woodhouse dog whisperer cesar millan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,995 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

For owners of unruly dogs, a short yank on their lead and a stern telling-off can sometimes seem the only way of keeping their wayward pets in line.

But a new study claims that such methods of making sure your dog behaves can cause the animal mental trauma and have an impact on its welfare.

http://www.telegraph...t-stressed.html

Posted Image

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,113 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

IMO the vast majority of training needs to be of positive reinforcement. Any negative reinforcement has to used very carefully...usually only to stop behaviors that have potentially bad/dangerous outcomes.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

It's Victoria for me then!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users