Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious plume detected in New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Weather experts have been baffled by a mysterious plume that erupted over a missile testing site.

The plume first appeared last Monday over the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico which is close to where the first atomic bomb was detonated back in 1945.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...d-in-new-mexico

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    6.6.6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

A display to Mr Putin

#3    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,353 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

What the articles don't sauy is that if a nuclear weapon had been exploded every geiger counter in at least a 5 state area would've recorded it.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,270 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

And so again I give you the radiation tracking center.

#5    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,353 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostOverSword, on 24 March 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

And so again I give you the radiation tracking center.

I didn't even know that existed. Thanks!   It shows things as normal in that area.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#6    paperdyer

paperdyer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Shall we speculate/venture a guess that a previous nulclear explosion broke the time barrier and showed itself now?  I guess it would be more palsible if there was some sign of increased radiation.

#7    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I have to say at first glance my reaction was "nothing to see here". We see storms pop-up like this all the time across this region and the mid-west. They seemingly materialize out of nowhere. It wasn't until I read that it was definitely not a rain event that I scratched my head.

#8    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,353 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Godzilla waking up, finally, from the Trinity blast?

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,270 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 24 March 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Shall we speculate/venture a guess that a previous nulclear explosion broke the time barrier and showed itself now?
I had that same thought.  Great minds think alike I guess.

#10    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,771 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

I was stationed at White Sands years ago... Believe me.. there is NO WAY to have a secret nuclear burst there...  Also, with El Paso directly South, Alamogordo to the East, Las Cruces to the West and Albuquerque to the North, it is not a safe place
to have this type of explosion...  No matter which way the wind blows it would affect a large metro area...  Besides, WSMR (White Sands Missile Range) is just that.. a Missile Range... Not a nuclear test site (at least, not any more)...

Also seismologists from this half of the world would have detected it...

#11    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

It is surprisingly difficult to find a map of weather fronts from a week ago. I'm still leaning toward weather event.

#12    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hmm... can't seem to find news about this on any reliable source whatsoever.  Daily Mail doesn't count.

#13    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Is there a safe handling limit or critical mass for New Mexico roasted chiles? Those things are HOT!

#14    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,353 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 24 March 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Hmm... can't seem to find news about this on any reliable source whatsoever.  Daily Mail doesn't count.
The  local news station is reporting on it
http://www.kob.com/a...ml#.UzCeH1dezIU

#15    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,240 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

No wonder cancer is high, That crap gets in the atmosphere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users