Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Baffling coded messages discovered

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,594 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Calling all cryptographers - there's a real-life mystery unfolding at Western University.

At least 15 hidden messages have been discovered at the school's D.B. Weldon Library, written entirely in symbols on standard printer paper, and concealed in plain-white envelopes tucked inside the pages of various books.

http://www.thestar.c...university.html

Posted Image

#2    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

ahhhh young girls these days...... bringing their fantasy world into reality world...
most probably from fantasy genre video games

Posted Image

#3    SuperSmith

SuperSmith

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

This is interesting and in my opinion a bit elaborate to be based off a video game.

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,357 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

role playing video games these days are very elaborate indeed,. right down to the characters (in the game)values and customs

Posted Image

#5    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

It looks like a more artistic version of the infamous zodiac killer cyphers

#6    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,295 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

The fact that they were found in books, usually between the same number pages suggests the books themselves might be the key to cracking the code. Since they were removed from the books if they didn't note which book they were found in it might make it impossible for them to be solved.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#7    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hilarious.  :w00t:  Seems like one or more students are exercising their creative muscles.

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

#8    theotherguy

theotherguy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

We should get in on this. Everybody get a couple friends, invent a code, and start leaving messages. They don't even have to mean anything, just look mysterious. It would be a good followup to 8:00 PM April 5, 2014.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#9    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,357 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

8pm april 5 2014?????????????????
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants

Posted Image

#10    theotherguy

theotherguy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Giants fan? Or Dodgers fan?

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,561 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

View Posttheotherguy, on 24 March 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

8:00 PM April 5, 2014.

Wish I still flew.......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

_ _.  _ _ _  _ _ _  _ . .   _ .  ..  _ _ .  ....  _

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,678 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Was just reading up on this. It is interesting to me that here we have an ACTUAL mysterious event that is unsolved, and it is worth only one page, but Atlantis.... OH BOY! That's a 100 page minimum baby.

I would tend to agree this is a student, or former student, or even a professor. Maybe trying a stunt to show to themselves that they are just oh so smart. Every day that goes by this guy will think he's a winner. Though the truth, IMHO, is that actually just no body cares....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,120 posts

• You program reality. Now Do It.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

The symbols look like wingdings.

My gummy bear died. My unicorn ran away. My imaginary friend was kidnapped. The voices in my head won't talk to me. Oh No! I'm going sane.

What you thought about yesterday created today, what you think about today will create tomorrow, be careful what you think.

#15    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

Yes, it's very interesting. According to Weldon's blog pg, the symbols are not wingdings.

This will be very tough to decode, esp. if it's not in English. :yes:

Most all of the full-length lines on the notes contain either 14 or 15 characters, (symbols). :cry:

Also, w/ at least 40 different symbols it's most likely not a single symbol to a single letter translation.

Where's S. Holmes when you need him??? :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users