Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vaccines Did not Save us.. Statistics

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,246 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 April 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

What the media isn't saying, is that 80% of all the new hysteria generating cases of the measles in NYC,almost ALL were vaccinated. So the vaccine didn't save them from getting it, at all. To the tune of 80+%.
Fail again.

Please provide evidence for your claim. Did you get this from some hoax site or a a reputable source?

You might as well admit that you make this up as a preposterous fib that you didn't think people would question you on. Go ahead and admit it because I already know that what you posted is made up.

Edited by stereologist, 08 April 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#152    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Simbi, I'd like to see that claim backed up in detail too.  And I'm sure we'll all be delighted to discuss the actual situation, rather than your take..

Will this be the first time EVER that you support one of these handwaves?  You've never done so before, so surprise me.

And also, you being a nurse and all, could you outline the results of measles, especially for children, the aged and pregnant women?  This should surely be a balanced and informed discussion, right?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#153    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

A quote from one news source seems to significantly contradict Simbi's numbers:

According to a New York City Health Department spokeswoman, eight of the 12 children who contracted measles in the current outbreak were too young to be vaccinated or to be within the 12- to 15-month window when inoculation is recommended

Where did the "80+ percent" come from, Simbi?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#154    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,246 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostChrLzs, on 08 April 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

A quote from one news source seems to significantly contradict Simbi's numbers:
[/size]

Where did the "80+ percent" come from, Simbi?
Thanks for posting that important piece of information.

1. It shows that this information was available since both of us had found it.
2. It shows that Simbi was not being truthful in their post.

#155    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,365 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 April 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

What the media isn't saying, is that 80% of all the new hysteria generating cases of the measles in NYC,almost ALL were vaccinated. So the vaccine didn't save them from getting it, at all. To the tune of 80+%.
Fail again.

If 82% unvaccinated means 80% vaccinated in your world than you are correct.  If not, then no.

#156    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Where'd Simbi go?  This seems to be a habit...  Happy to handwave claims, but goes missing when asked to back them up.

___

#157    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

http://www.smh.com.a...0418-zqwkk.html

#158    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

I know you put up the link, Obviousman, but I'm gonna post the whole story here. So no one can miss it. I bolded the lines in the article that really needed noticing. How familiar do those lines sound here?

Vietnam measles outbreak kills more than 100 people, mostly children

Date: April 18, 2014   

Hanoi:

Vietnam is scrambling to contain a deadly outbreak of measles that has killed more than 100 people, mostly young children, and infected thousands more this year, the government says.

At least 112 people - the majority of them under 10 years old - have died of the disease so far in 2014, the Ministry of Health said on Friday in a statement.

It warned that the number of deaths could rise because of cross-infections, bad weather and overcrowding at paediatrics hospitals in major cities where panicked parents are bringing their infected children.

Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung on Wednesday called for authorities to be more "active" in preventing the spread of the disease.

The authorities are providing vaccines, stepping up surveillance of the disease and urging parents to seek treatment locally instead of at paediatric hospitals whose patients are vulnerable to infection.

World Health Organisation representative Takeshi Kasai said he was "very concerned" about the outbreak.

"This virus is very infectious and difficult to control," he said, adding that the best way to contain the disease was to encourage people to be vaccinated.

Vietnam has high rates of vaccinations for many early childhood diseases including measles, but may be falling victim to its own success as some parents - particularly those who have read scare stories about vaccination side effects - perceive less risk from leaving their children uninoculated.

Nguyen Hoa Lan, 38, said both her son and daughter - aged 10 and 7 - have become infected with measles in the last week.

"I am worried as I only vaccinated my daughter once... I forgot the second vaccination. But also because of scandals and rumour with the vaccination, I decided to skip it. Now it makes me worried," she said.

"I can only pray that things will be OK."

Measles, a highly contagious viral disease which is particularly deadly for young children, claimed about 122,000 lives globally in 2012, the most recent year for which global figures are available, according to the WHO.

Back in 2000, the toll was a stark 562,000.

The measles vaccination is not particularly effective for children under nine months, the WHO said, so societies need to ensure high rates of vaccination among older children to boost overall immunity of the population.

Edited by rodentraiser, 21 April 2014 - 02:11 AM.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users